Research and Markets: Costcutter | Verdict Company Briefing
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rb6jv9/costcutter_) has announced the addition of the "Costcutter | Verdict Company Briefing" company profile to their offering.
A one-stop destination for unique data and opinion on Costcutter's food & grocery offer. Targeted at retailers, and stakeholders to the retailer, we assess its food & grocery performance, strategic direction and provide Verdict's view on its future.
Costcutter has seen a vast amount of change over the past year, being taken over by Bibby Line Group, the departure of its Chairman and founder, and the replacement of its CEO. The coming twelve months will be crucial for the growth of the business as it seeks to expand with its new three tier offer, providing symbol retailers with the option of a value, standard and premium fascia.
Reasons to Purchase
- Benchmark your performance in food & grocery with detailed key performance indicators across sales and space data for Costcutter
- Plan your expansion strategy by understanding how and where Costcutter has increased its store portfolio, and the impact this has had on densities
- Develop your fascia strategy by understanding Costcutter's three tier model, and assessing its effectiveness in symbol retail
- As a wholesaler or supplier, identify the potential of Costcutter as a new retail partner by understanding its strategy
- In November 2011, the majority shareholder in Costcutter, Bibby Line Group, acquired the remaining 49.0% stake in Costcutter from the management, giving it full ownership.
- Costcutter has resurrected the kwiksave brand following a five year absence from high streets. Costcutter launched the fascia as the value option in its three tier offer, below Costcutter and myCostcutter. It offers lower prices to customers than the standard and premium Costcutter fascias, with a more basic shopfit and edited range of products
- In September 2012, Costcutter announced the appointment of Darcy Willson-Rymer as its new CEO replacing former CEO Nick Ivel. Mr Willson-Rymer is formerly of collapsed greetings card retailer Clintons, and was previously managing director at Starbucks UK.
Key Topics Covered
- New fascias set path for expansion;
- Growth reignited as independents seek refuge;
- Three tier offer will aid membership drive;
- Space growth drives food sales;
- Full acquisition gives scale;
- Market shares will see first increase since 2005;
- New buying deal in the pipeline: choices include Morrisons.
New fascias set path for expansion
Recent key events
- Acquisition sparks changes and gives scale
- Growth set to continue as independents seek refuge
- Three tier offer will aid membership drive
Sector performance - food & grocery
- Space growth drives food sales
- First uplift since 2005
- New buying deal in the pipeline
Verdict company briefing
- Market size calculation
- Sales density calculation
Ask the analyst
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rb6jv9/costcutter_.