Huron Consulting Group Launches Huron Legal's Integrated Analytics Offering
Huron Consulting Group (NASDAQ: HURN), a leading provider of business consulting services, today announced the launch of Huron Legal's Integrated Analytics offering. The new discovery offering provides a comprehensive, integrated process with unprecedented accuracy, increased transparency, and a capped-cost pricing model.
“Our e-discovery solutions have saved clients tens of millions of dollars by providing superior information they can use to execute their legal strategy or settle a matter. With the launch of Huron Legal's new Integrated Analytics offering, we are providing our clients with an even better and more effective solution for increased cost savings through an enhanced process to meet business and discovery needs,” said Shahzad Bashir, executive vice president, Huron Legal.
Fundamental Change to the E-Discovery Process
Huron Legal's Integrated Analytics offering will change the way the market approaches e-discovery. It provides an innovative, comprehensive, and cost-effective data analysis process leading to a streamlined discovery solution for global corporate law department and law firm clients facing large, complex investigations and litigation matters, utilizing the following:
- Dedicated Discovery Team – An assigned team of multi-disciplinary experts with substantial e-discovery, predictive coding, and litigation experience who work with the client's legal team to plan and execute the e-discovery strategy.
“Unlike many discovery solutions on the market, Huron Legal's Integrated Analytics offering is holistic, transparent and statistically validated. Our Integrated Analytics offering is unique in that it utilizes technology combined with document reviewers and data miners to eliminate irrelevant documents from the review process – resulting in a more focused, cost effective, and faster process with defensible results,” said Bob Rowe, managing director and head of Discovery services, Huron Legal.
- Quicker Production – An innovative solution that eliminates up to 70% of irrelevant data right from the start without the need for attorney review.
“Huron Legal's Integrated Analytics offering is a significant improvement in how data can be handled and produced in the e-discovery process for small and large matters. Most document populations contain very large amounts of irrelevant information – typically up to 70% of the population. By removing this data, we allow the legal team to better focus on the documents relevant to the underlying matter,” said Rowe.
- Data Analytics Center – A new state-of-the-art facility located in Charlotte, N.C. that provides expert resources – computer scientists, statisticians, and data analysts – and a multi-tool technology approach in a secure environment to cull data efficiently and effectively. This integration of people, process and technology delivers a comprehensive solution for clients compared to other offerings limited to just software or just people.
- Integrated, Statistically Validated Process – An independently validated process with a 99% confidence level using statistical measures created in collaboration with a team of academic experts. The solution has been tested with several client pilot programs to validate results with real-world data.
“This is a complete package delivering reduced pricing and substantially increased accuracy - unlike many other offerings that are technology-based and only address part of the solution. With Integrated Analytics, we help clients see things differently enabling them to make quicker decisions and focus on the remaining relevant documents,” said Rowe.
- Defensibility Resources – A team of independent resources that includes industry and academic experts in machine learning and statistics. Huron Legal also has identified lawyers who have experience defending e-discovery procedures. These resources are available at no additional cost to the client if any defensibility issues arise.
- Capped Pricing – A cost-effective pricing model that removes the risk of unanticipated large bills, ensures budgets are met, and generally lowers clients' e-discovery costs by 30% or more.
“This new, defensible e-discovery solution will change the way our clients view document production,” said Bashir. “Huron Legal's Integrated Analytics offering is a first-of-its kind integration of experts from multiple disciplines, innovative technology, dedicated data analytics center, and a superior process to analyze and cull large document populations in a more effective manner. The solution significantly improves the three basic metrics of discovery: quality, speed, and cost.”
For more information on Huron Legal's Integrated Analytics offering, visit: http://www.huronconsultinggroup.com/IntegratedAnalytics
Huron Legal also offers around-the-clock global discovery support with 1,500 document review seats at nine locations across the U.S., U.K., and India to address clients' complex business needs. Huron Legal's solutions maximize value and efficiency, while providing predictable, up-front capped costs with measurable quality. Huron Legal has the resources necessary to undertake large-scale document reviews and perform a full range of services that includes preservation, collection, processing, hosting, review, and production.
About Huron Legal
Huron Legal provides advisory and business services to assist law departments and law firms to enhance organizational effectiveness and reduce legal spend. Huron Legal advises on and implements strategy, organizational design and development, outside counsel management, operational efficiency, and discovery solutions, and provides services relating to the management of matters, contracts, documents, records, digital evidence and e-discovery. Huron Legal is not a law firm; it does not offer, and is not authorized to provide, legal advice or counseling in any jurisdiction. Learn more at www.huronconsultinggroup.com/legal or follow us on Twitter: @HuronLegal.
About Huron Consulting Group
Huron Consulting Group helps clients in diverse industries improve performance, comply with complex regulations, reduce costs, recover from distress, leverage technology, and stimulate growth. The Company teams with its clients to deliver sustainable and measurable results. Huron provides services to a wide variety of both financially sound and distressed organizations, including healthcare organizations, Fortune 500 companies, leading academic institutions, medium-sized businesses, and the law firms that represent these various organizations. Learn more at www.huronconsultinggroup.com.
Huron Consulting Group
Jennifer Frost Hennagir, 312-880-3260