Research and Markets: Laser Growth and Processing of Photonic Devices
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/b72dfm/laser_growth_and) has announced the addition of Woodhead Publishing Ltd's new book "Laser growth and processing of photonic devices" to their offering.
Laser Growth and Processing of Photonic Devices is the first book to review this increasingly important field.
Part one investigates laser-induced growth of materials and surface structures, with pulsed laser deposition techniques, the formation of nanocones and the fabrication of periodic photonic microstructures explored in detail. Laser-induced three-dimensional micro- and nano-structuring are the focus of part two. Exploration of multiphoton lithography, processing and fabrication is followed by consideration of laser-based micro- and nano-fabrication, laser-induced soft matter organisation and microstructuring, and laser-assisted polymer joining methods. The book concludes in part three with an investigation into laser fabrication and manipulation of photonic structures and devices. Laser seeding and thermal processing of glass with nanoscale resolution, laser-induced refractive index manipulation, and the thermal writing of photonic devices in glass and polymers are all considered.
Key Topics Covered:
Laser growth and processing of photonic structures: An overview of fundamentals, interaction phenomena and operations.
Part 1 Laser-induced growth of materials and surface structures: Emerging pulsed laser deposition techniques
- The formation of nanocones on the surface of semiconductors by laser-induced self-assembly
- Fabrication of periodic photonic microstructures by the interference of ultrashort pulse laser beams.
Part 2 Laser-induced three-dimensional micro- and nano-structuring: Multiphoton lithography, processing and fabrication of photonic structures
- Laser-based micro- and nano-fabrication of photonic structures
- Laser-induced soft matter organization and microstructuring of photonic materials
- Laser-assisted polymer joining methods for photonic devices.
Part 3 Laser fabrication and manipulation of photonic structures and devices: Laser seeding and thermal processing of glass with nanoscale resolution
- Laser-induced refractive index manipulation of photonic devices
- Thermal writing of photonic devices in glass and polymers by femtosecond lasers
- Photosensitivity and index engineering in photonic devices.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/b72dfm/laser_growth_and
Source: Woodhead Publishing Ltd