Research and Markets: How Second Screen Apps, Tablets & OTT Are Changing TV Viewing Habits: The Coming Demise of the EPG and the Remote
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tsm5b6/how_second_screen) has announced the addition of the "How Second Screen Apps, Tablets & OTT Are Changing TV Viewing Habits: The Coming Demise of the EPG and the Remote" report to their offering.
The rise of over-the-top (OTT) TV combined with the proliferation of smart devices in the living room has produced a demonstrable effect on two long-standing pillars of TV discovery and navigation: the electronic page guide (EPG) and the remote control.
The year 2012 has seen the digital era viewer mature into someone who is more likely to connect to the internet than pick up the remote control to watch a video.
This 22-page report examines how recent trends in the changing nature of TV search and discovery are threatening to drive EPGs and remote controls the way of the dinosaur.
A new non-linear, OTT world has arrived where viewers can choose from among tens of thousands of shows that are always available and on every device they own.
Amongst other features, How Second Screen Apps, Tablets & OTT Are Changing TV Viewing Habits report:
- Explains how enhancements in the use of metadata are increasing the effectiveness of search and discovery.
- Introduces metadata search and recommendation engines companies and their products.
- Examines Second Screen devices, services and trends.
- Provides a listing of companies with second screen EPG apps offerings.
- Makes an exploration of Neo EPG second screen apps and Neo Remotes, a pairing of OTT content sources with the proliferation of internet connected-touchscreen smartphones and tablets.
- Speculates the near-future as content providers and consumers respond to these new smarter TV tools.
Who should read this report?
- This is essential research for content and rights owners in entertainment and media
- Consumer Electronics device
- Semiconductor and component vendors
- Broadband carriers and service providers
- Apps and software developers
- Strategy formulators and buyers
- Financial analysts
- Any company with an interest in the future of digital media.
Key Topics Covered:
The Consumer Demands Control
- Binge Viewing
- News Organizations Find Online Platform
- Glossary of Terms
Metadata and the Search and Recommendation Revolution
- Metadata Makers
- Smart' Search and Recommendation
- The Art of Recommendation: Engines Look at Meta, Contextual & Social Network Data
The Second Screen in the Room
- The Neo EPG
- Second Screen App Spectrum
- Third Party EPG App Providers
- 5 Needs of a Second Screen App
OTT Killing The Remote
- Pay-TV companies now developing OTT-like UIs and second screen apps
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/tsm5b6/how_second_screen