HaloSource Delivers Groundbreaking HaloPure® Technology to the Global Consumer Drinking Water Market
HaloSource, Inc. (HALO.LN, HAL.LN) the clean water technology company, has entered into a development and production agreement with Tupperware Brands Corporation, the U.S.-based global direct selling company, to provide HaloSource's patented HaloPure® technology in cartridges for Tupperware's new line of gravity-based water purifiers that will be initially launched through Tupperware India.
HaloSource and Tupperware Brands spent over a year developing customized cartridges for the devices that incorporate HaloSource's innovative HaloPure® drinking water disinfection technology, which reduces waterborne viruses and bacteria. The modular design will allow for flexibility of performance, depending on the various water quality conditions found around the world.
This agreement with Tupperware Brands, which sells multiple brands through its global independent direct sales force of 2.7 million, will allow HaloSource to further deepen its presence in the water purification market.
In 2009, HaloPure® became the first new drinking water technology in 30 years to be granted both Manufacture-For-Use and Device registrations by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA), widely recognized as having the world's most stringent performance requirements for water purification. In addition, HaloPure media and devices have received registration by the China Ministry of Health and cartridge/device registrations in the US and Brazil.
Martin Coles, Chief Executive Officer of HaloSource commented, “Tupperware is a major consumer brand with solid distribution across the world. We are very excited to be working with a company with such high quality standards and market reach. The addition of our HaloPure technology will allow Tupperware to deliver safer drinking water at an affordable price. This alliance represents our shared values and common goal of making a real difference in the lives of others.”
HaloSource (halosource.com) is a global clean water technology company headquartered in Bothell, Washington, U.S.A. We design solutions to protect people, preserve the planet and celebrate our most valuable resource—water that is safer, cleaner and more accessible for people everywhere.
HaloSource is committed to relentless innovation, industry-leading products and ongoing support for water-related philanthropy. Our proprietary technologies for drinking and recreational water, textile coatings, and environmentally friendly wastewater recycling, enable our partners to rid the world's water of impurities and return it responsibly to the earth.
HaloSource Technologies that Protect Water and Textiles:
- HaloPure® media is the most flexible, price-competitive disinfection solution for clean drinking water in the industry. In 2009, it became the first drinking water technology in 30 years to be registered by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA), widely recognized as having the world's most stringent performance requirements for water purification. In 2010, HaloPure media was approved by China's Ministry of Health (MOH) and recognized for meeting the world's most stringent water purification requirements, a key differentiator for our multi-national partners. In Brazil, the use of HaloPure media has met or exceeded all appropriate standards of the National Institute of Metrology, Standardization and Industrial Quality (INMETRO).
- SeaKlear® Pool and Spa treatment products bring both natural biopolymers and antimicrobial applications for treating recreational water.
- HaloShield® products consist of antimicrobial coatings solutions that employ unique technology that binds chlorine-‐based bleach to textiles such as sheets, lab coats and towels for use as a non-‐toxic biocide.
HaloSource Technologies that Preserve the Environment:
• HaloKlear® products use natural biopolymers providing industrial water clarification with dramatic reductions in ecological impact.
HaloSource Celebrates Clean Water:
• HaloSource supports organizations dedicated to sustainable clean water projects. Earlier this year, we were proud to be a presenting sponsor in the 2012 Carry5 awareness and fundraising event benefiting Water 1st International.
HaloKlear, HaloPure, SeaKlear and HaloShield are registered trademarks of HaloSource, Inc. All other trademarks, brand names or product names belong to their respective holders.
James Thompson, Chief Financial Officer
+1 425 974 1993
Kate Bovey, Sr. Director of Marketing
Charles Ryland/Clare Akhurst
+44 207 466 5000
Liberum Capital (NOMAD)
Simon Atkinson/Richard Bootle
+44 203 100 2222