TeamViewer® Launches TeamViewer Touch App for Windows 8
TeamViewer®, one of the world's most popular providers of remote control and online meetings software, today announced the preview version of its new Windows 8 app, TeamViewer Touch. With the new app users can remotely control any computer within seconds over a highly-secure internet connection.
The TeamViewer Touch app is the latest addition to TeamViewer's offerings for real cross-platform remote support. Besides the regular full version for Windows computers which supports also Windows 8, TeamViewer is available for Mac, Linux iOS and Android systems.
TeamViewer Touch can be used for outgoing remote sessions only and supports traditional x86-computers running Windows 8 as well as Windows RT tablets based on ARM-architecture. It allows users to help colleagues or family with computer issues, access files they may have forgotten on their desktop from their home office, or even assist colleagues with work-related tasks.
TeamViewer Touch provides a number of advantages:
- Remotely control any other computer or server easily with ID and password
- Remote access of unattended computers or servers
- During a remote session, the new Windows 8 commands can be called up on the remote Windows 8 PC, e.g. open charms sidebar, accessing the Ctrl+Alt+Del hotkey, etc.
- TeamViewer Touch can be snapped side-by-side with other Windows 8 apps, so that the user can easily access information from another application during a remote session.
- Integrated computers & contacts list: see the online status of your partners and connect to them via quick access
- Simple reboot: Reboot remote computers or servers from anywhere
- Multi monitor: Switch between multiple screens easily when the remote side uses more than one monitor
- Secure connection: 256 Bit AES Session Encoding and 1024 Bit RSA Key Exchange for highest security standards
- Can be used in landscape mode as well as in portrait mode
- Free for personal use
“We are very excited to be in the Windows 8 App Store right from its launch,” said Holger Felgner, General Manager at TeamViewer. “TeamViewer continues to keep the promise of a real multi-platform experience to our users and customers.”
TeamViewer Touch is available for download in the Windows 8/RT store at http://apps.microsoft.com/webpdp/app/teamviewer-touch/417cca6d-744d-4770-b168-12171f73ed37
For private users in a non-commercial environment, TeamViewer Touch is free of charge.
TeamViewer Touch can be used on devices running Windows 8 and Windows RT. In order to set up a remote connection, the remote computer needs to run the TeamViewer software as well. This can be downloaded at www.teamviewer.com/download.
Founded in 2005, TeamViewer is fully focused on the development and distribution of high-end solutions for online communication and collaboration. Available in over 30 languages, TeamViewer is one of the world's most popular providers of remote control and online meetings software. More information: www.teamviewer.com
© 2012 TeamViewer GmbH. All rights reserved.
Mac and Mac OS are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Linux® is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.