Research and Markets: Nanotechnology in the Food, Beverage and Nutraceutical Industries
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fsl9jx/nanotechnology_in) has announced the addition of Woodhead Publishing Ltd's new book "Nanotechnology in the food, beverage and nutraceutical industries" to their offering.
Nanotechnology is having a significant impact on food processing. This important book summarises current research on nanotechnologies and the wide range of applications of this technology as well as issues such as safety, regulation and characterisation.
After an introductory overview, the first part of the book discusses general issues such as risk assessment, the regulatory framework, detection and characterisation of nanoparticles in food. Part two summarises the wide range of applications of nanotechnology in food processing, including nanoscale nutraceutical delivery systems, nanoemulsions and colloids, nanoscale rapid detection devices for contaminants, nanofiltration and nanocomposite packaging materials.
Key Topics Covered:
Part 1: Processes, material characterization, risks and regulation
- An overview of the development and applications of nanoscale materials in the food industry
- Potential health risks of nano Particles in foods, beverages and nutraceuticals
- Detecting and characterizing nano Particles in food, beverages and nutraceuticals
- Regulatory frameworks for food nanotechnologies
- Atomic force microscopy and related tools for the imaging of foods and beverages on the nanoscale
- Characterization of food materials at multiple length scales using small-angle X-ray scattering and nuclear magnetic resonance: Principle and applications.
Part 2: Applications of nanotechnology in the food, beverage and nutraceutical industries: Improving food sensory and nutritional quality through nanostructure engineering
- Nanocapsules as delivery systems in the food, beverage and nutraceutical industries
- Association colloids as delivery systems
- Fabrication, characterization and properties of food nanoemulsions
- Nanotechnology-based approaches for the rapid detection of chemical and biological contaminants in foods
- Nanocomposite food and beverage packaging materials
- Electrospun fibers: Fabrication, functionalities and potential food industry applications
- Milk nanotubes: Technology and potential applications
- Nano- and micro-engineered membranes: Principles and applications in the food and beverage industries.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fsl9jx/nanotechnology_in
Source: Woodhead Publishing Ltd