Bloomberg to Host Switzerland 2012 Tell Awards
Thriving in today's challenging European marketplace is no small feat. With this in mind, Bloomberg will host the Switzerland 2012 Tell Awards, named for Swiss folk hero William Tell. The awards will honor U.S. companies from a wide range of industries, sizes and stages of business development that have conquered the European market from their operations based in Switzerland.
On Tuesday, October 30 in New York City, leaders of the honoree companies will discuss projects they are working on and strategies they employ to make them successful. Participants will come away with ideas for their own companies along with factors to consider as they look toward Europe for their business operations.
2012 Tell Awards Honorees:
- IBM (Armonk, NY), for the new Binnig and Rohrer Nanotechnology Center for exploratory research, demonstrating the magnitude of innovation and reinvestment in Switzerland (Dr. Matthias Kaiserswerth, Director and Vice President)
- InterMune (Brisbane, CA), a biopharmaceutical company that established its European Headquarters to prepare and lead the successful launch in Europe of the first approved drug for IPF, a rare lung disease with a prognosis worse than most cancers (Giacomo Di Nepi, SVP and Managing Director, Europe)
- KAYAK (Norwalk, CT), the online travel technology company that acquired a German competitor and consolidated all central functions in a new Swiss Headquarters (Steve Hafner, CEO and Co-Founder, KAYAK Software Corporation; Dr. Christian Saller, Managing Director KAYAK Europe)
- Maxwell Technologies (San Diego, CA), global leader in energy storage and power delivery solutions, for its new Competence Center consolidating R&D, manufacturing, logistics and marketing (Mark Rossi, Chairman; Sacha Jenny, VP & GM Europe)
- Procter & Gamble (Cincinnati, OH), one of the largest US employers in Switzerland, for substantial extension of the Health Care business at their Geneva Headquarters (Winston Griffin, Vice President P&G Global Operations; Frédérique Reeb-Landry, Director General P&G Geneva; Carolyn Brehm, Vice President P&G Global Government Relations and Public Policy)
The 9th Annual Tell Awards is sponsored by Switzerland Trade & Investment Promotion. The awards will be presented by H.E. Manuel Sager, Ambassador of Switzerland to the United States, and the program will be followed by a cocktail networking reception.
For more information on the program and speakers, please visit: www.bloomberglink.com/tellawards.
For more information on Bloomberg, please visit http://www.bloomberg.com/about.
About Bloomberg LINK
Bringing the power of Bloomberg to the executive conference business, Bloomberg LINK produces invitation-only, in-person gatherings that combine world-class editorial programming with peer-to-peer networking amongst the who's who in influential communities. In this environment, participants engage in open discussions that lead to learning from each other's expertise and experience. For more information, please visit www.bloomberglink.com.
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength – delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately – is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 310,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg's enterprise solutions build on the company's core strength, leveraging technology to allow customers to access, integrate, distribute and manage data and information across organizations more efficiently and effectively. Through Bloomberg Law, Bloomberg Government, Bloomberg New Energy Finance and Bloomberg BNA, the company provides data, news and analytics to decision makers in industries beyond finance. And Bloomberg News, delivered through the Bloomberg Professional service, television, radio, mobile, the Internet and two magazines, Bloomberg Businessweek and Bloomberg Markets, covers the world with more than 2,300 news and multimedia professionals at 146 bureaus in 72 countries. Headquartered in New York, Bloomberg employs more than 15,000 people in 192 locations around the world.
Angela Martin, +1 415-617-7142