- Middleby Corp MIDD reported first-quarter FY23 revenue growth of 1.3% year-over-year to $1.01 billion, -1% on an organic basis, beating the consensus of $970.69 million.
- Sales by segments: Commercial Foodservice $613.94 million (+13.7% Y/Y), Residential Kitchen $219.96 million (-33.6% Y/Y), and Food Processing $173.5 million (+40.4% Y/Y).
- Adjusted EPS improved by 3% Y/Y to $2.19, beating the consensus of $1.96.
- The gross margin expanded by 437 bps to 37.6%. The operating income increased 31.4% Y/Y to $161.02 million, and the margin expanded by 366 bps to 16%.
- Segment Adjusted EBITDA was $210.02 million, compared to $197.35 million in 1Q22, and the margin expanded by 101 bps to 20.8%.
- MIDD's profitability grew to an organic adjusted EBITDA margin of 21.1% compared to 19.8% in the prior year.
- Middleby generated cash from operating activities in Q1 of $92 million versus cash utilized of $(15.34) million a year ago. Free cash flow of $66.52 million.
- The company's cash balances at the Q1 end were $156.5 million, and net debt was $2.6 billion.
- "We continue to invest in our innovation centers in the US and Europe. These centers have proven to be a strategic for demonstrating our new product solutions and driving our long-term growth objectives," stated Tim FitzGerald, CEO of The Middleby Corporation.
- Price Action: MIDD shares traded higher by 2.11 at $148.80 on the last check Wednesday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.