- Methode Electronics, Inc MEI reported a fourth-quarter FY22 net sales decline of 4.1% year-on-year to $288.7 million, missing the consensus of $289.5 million.
- The decrease was due to lower sales volumes in the Automotive segment due to supply chain constraints and the conflict in Ukraine.
- EPS of $0.43 missed the consensus of $0.56.
- Segments: The Automotive segment's net sales decreased 4.9% Y/Y to $194.3 million.
- Net sales for the Industrial segment fell by 3.2% Y/Y to $78.9 million, and the Interface segment declined 2.1% Y/Y to $13.9 million.
- Margin: The operating margin contracted 614 bps to 5.1% due to lower sales, higher material, and other costs associated with supply chain disruptions.
- Methode Electronic held $172 million in cash and equivalents. It generated $42 million in operating cash flow.
- CEO Donald W. Duda said, "The quarter presented various challenges mainly from market disruptions and supply chain constraints that evolved faster than the Methode team was able to mitigate despite our best efforts."
- Duda added, "Our sales into electric vehicle applications slipped in the quarter due to the China lockdown but are poised to reach 20% of total sales in fiscal 2023. Overall, we expect continued sales growth as well as renewed earnings growth in fiscal 2023. Lastly, we are introducing a three-year organic sales growth target of 6%."
- Outlook, unchanged: Methode Electronic sees FY23 revenue of $1.16 billion - $1.21 billion against the consensus of $1.19 billion.
- It sees EPS of $2.70- $3.10 versus the consensus of $3.06.
- Price Action: MEI shares traded lower by 2.49% at $37.13 on the last check Thursday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.