- Pacific Biosciences of California Inc's PACB Q1 sales increased 14% Y/Y to $33.2 million, driven by sales of instruments and consumables and beating the consensus of $32.82 million.
- Instrument revenue was $15.6 million, compared with $14.9 million a year ago. Consumables revenue was $12.7 million, up from $10.4 million in Q1 2021. Service & other revenue were $4.9 million, compared with $3.7 million a year ago.
- The company placed 50 Sequel II or IIe systems in the quarter, bringing the total installed base to 424 instruments as of March 31, compared to 244 instruments at the end of the year-ago quarter.
- The adjusted gross margin decreased to 43% from 45% in Q1 FY21.
- "Our team continued to make progress expanding our installed base with our third consecutive quarter of record Sequel II/IIe placements," PacBio CEO Christian Henry said.
- "As expected, COVID-19 restrictions created challenges for both our customers and our team which lowered system utilization, but we believe those challenges are transitory and our continued strength in system placements and our recent Sequel IIe platform enhancements can enable more customers to realize the benefits of our technology than ever before," he added.
- PacBio's Non-GAAP EPS loss of $(0.37) widened from a loss of $(0.18) a year ago and missed the consensus of $(0.31).
- As of March 31, 2022, the company held $962.8 million in cash and equivalents.
- Price Action: PACB shares traded lower by 2.06% at $7.14 on the last check Thursday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.