- Luna Innovations Inc LUNA reported fourth-quarter FY21 revenue growth of 26% year-on-year to $24.2 million, beating the consensus of $23.7 million.
- The gross margin contracted 300 bps to 58%, driven primarily by product mix due to acquisitions.
- Luna reported a positive operating margin of 4.3% against a negative margin of (3.3)% in the year-ago period.
- Non-GAAP EPS of $0.08 beat the consensus of $0.04.
- Luna held $17.1 million in cash and equivalents.
- Acquisition: Luna completed the divestiture of Luna Labs and the purchase of LIOS Sensing.
- Based in Cologne, Germany, LIOS Sensing is a fiber-optic distributed monitoring solutions provider.
- CEO Scott Graeff said, "We reported record backlog and delivered double-digit revenue and gross profit growth for the fourth-quarter and full-year. Across our sensing and communications testing businesses, we realized some of the largest customer orders to date and penetrated into new geographies and markets, while implementing systems to support growth."
- Outlook: Luna sees FY22 revenue of $109 million - $115 million, above the consensus of $103.4 million.
- Luna sees Q1 FY22 revenue of $20 million - $22 million, below the consensus of $23.6 million.
- Price Action: LUNA shares traded higher by 12.9% at $7.53 on the last check Monday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.