- JOYY Inc YY reported third-quarter FY21 revenue growth of 21.7% year-on-year $650.5 million, beating the consensus of $621.5 million.
- Drivers: Global average mobile MAUs decreased by 17.2% Y/Y to 288.8 million as the Indian government blocked Chinese-owned apps in its local market.
- Average mobile MAUs of Likee declined by 26.2% Y/Y to 76.8 million, Hago slumped by 52.4% Y/Y to 10.8 million, while Bigo Live rose 10.7% Y/Y to 31 million.
- The total number of paying users of BIGO (including Bigo Live, Likee, and imo) increased by 12.0% Y/Y to 1.52 million.
- The average revenue per paying user of BIGO increased to $307.9 from $305.5 last year.
- Segments: Live streaming revenues increased by 19.7% Y/Y to $612.2 million, primarily due to the continued growth of BIGO's paying users.
- Margins: Gross margin improved 330 bps to 32.4%. Non-GAAP operating income margin was 4.8% versus (7.4)% last year.
- Non-GAAP net income per ADS of $0.42 beat the consensus loss of $(0.04).
- JOYY held $4.9 billion in cash and equivalents.
- Share buyback: In September 2021, the board authorized the repurchase of up to $200 million of its shares between September 2021 and September 2022.
- In November 2021, the board authorized an additional share repurchase plan for up to $1 billion shares between November 2021 and November 2022.
- Outlook: JOYY sees Q4 revenue of $652 million - $661 million, below the consensus of $668.99 million.
- Price Action: YY shares traded higher by 6.83% at $58.01 in the premarket session on the last check Thursday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.