- RYB Education Inc RYB reported second-quarter FY21 revenue growth of 318.1% year-on-year, to $53.4 million.
- Service revenues jumped 342.2% Y/Y, and the product revenue rose 80%.
- The number of students enrolled at directly operated facilities was 37,166 as of June 30, 2021.
- Gross profit was $14.5 million, compared with a gross loss of $(9.5) million last year. The gross margin was 27.2%.
- The operating margin was 16%, and operating income for the quarter was $8.6 million.
- Adjusted net income per ADS was $0.23 versus $(0.43) last year. Adjusted EBITDA for the quarter was $13.2 million.
- RYB Education held $72.8 million in cash and equivalents as of June 30, 2021. Cash generated from operating activities totaled for the quarter $0.2 million.
- "The recurrences of some COVID-19 cases in some regions during the first half of this year, however, cast some impact on the play-and-learn center operations," said CEO Yanlai Shi.
- RYB Education said Chimin Cao has resigned as the chairman of the Board of directors. Cao will remain as a director of the Board and be re-designated as the honorary chairman.
- Cen Shi resigned as a director and got re-designated as an observer of the Board. The company has appointed Gang Chen as the chairman of the Board, effective September 17, 2021.
- Outlook: RYB sees Q3 revenue of $41 million - $42 million, representing a Y/Y increase of 26% - 29%.
- Price action: RYB shares are trading higher by 3.09% at $3.00 on the last check Friday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.