BlackBerry Conference Call Highlights
BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ: BBRY) recently reported its second quarter earnings. Shares of the company are down less than 1 percent.
• We turn in $0.01 on a non-GAAP profit and a positive cash flow from operation of $43 million for the first time in two years.
• Operating expenses and margins were managed extremely well while we were able to launch and deliver very important new products.
• We expect to remain cash flow positive in continue to expect to achieve sustainable profitability sometime in the FY 2016 timeframe.
• Moving on to SaaS, the SaaS revenue is now about 13% quarter over quarter.
• Our best growth seeding program, the EZ Pass now has over 4,900 total customer registration which is about 1,300 more than last quarter when we reported.
• Both GAAP and non-GAAP gross margins were at 51.7%.
• Hardware gross margins were positive for the second quarter in a row. We continue to model gross margins to be in the high 40% range for the next couple of quarters.
• Non-GAAP operating expenses were $394 million down from $433 last quarter.
• GAAP net loss, which includes the impact of debt and restructuring, was $148 million or $0.28 per share.
• Our cash balance increased by $12 million quarter-over-quarter. Purchase obligations and other commitments amounted to approximately $1.6 billion relatively flat to last quarter.
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.