Facebook Q2 2014 Conference Call Highlights
Facebook Inc (NASDAQ: FB) hosted its Q2 2014 conference call Wednesday after the market close, releasing detail of revenue and guidance.
Before the call, Facebook reported EPS for the quarter of $0.42 compared to analyst estimates of $0.32 and revenue of $2.91 billion above consensus expectations of $2.81 billion for the quarter.
Highlights From The Call:
- 1.32 million users with 60 percent daily.
- Total revenue grew by $2.9 billion in the second quarter.
- Daily Active Users 829 million total with US & Canada 152 million, Europe 206 million, Asia 228 million, rest of the world 224 million.
- Mobile Daily Active Users (Mobile DAUs) 654.
- Monthly Active Users 1.3 billion total with US & Canada 204 million, Europe 292 million, Asia 410 million, and rest of the world 411 million.
- During world cup 350 million relative users posts generating 3 billion interactions. Brands such as Visa Nike, Mobile, and Facebook participated in world cup postings.
- Add revenue grew 67 percent to $2.6 billion.
- Facebook delivered $872 million in free cash flows.
- COGS grew 2 percent on a GAAP basis and cost of revenue decreased by two percent from prior quarter.
- GAAP Operating Margins of 48 percent, up 5 percent from Q1. Second quarter GAAP operating income $1.4 billion. Non-GAAP income 1.1 billion .
- Total non gaap expense projected to grow by 30 to 35 percent for full year 2014.
- Taxes projected to be around the current rate of 42 percent.
- Guidance of $2 to $2.5 billion in CAPEX for year end 2014.
- Increase in expenses is due to acquisitions and are incremental.
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.