- The Canadian government is reportedly exploring replacing its aging CP-140 Aurora aircraft fleet with 16 P-8A Poseidons from Boeing Co BA.
- Canada has submitted a letter of request through the U.S. foreign military sales program about the Boeing aircraft, reported Reuters.
- However, the letter as such is not a commitment to purchase the aircraft and is only at a' options analysis' stage.
- Also Read: Pentagon Probes Boeing Security Credentials Lapse For Air Force One
- "Following engagements with industry and Canada's closest allies, the government has determined that the P-8A Poseidon is the only currently available aircraft that meets all of the Canadian Multi-Mission Aircraft operational requirements," the report quoted the Canadian government.
- The report noted that the decision would be based on pricing, benefits, and availability.
- Price Action: BA shares closed higher by 1.54% at $200.57 on Monday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.