- British analytics company RELX PLC's RELX Cirium has launched a satellite-based aircraft maintenance tracking feature in its Ascend Profiles module.
- Cirium brings together powerful data and analytics, enabling travel companies, aircraft manufacturers, airports, airlines, and financial institutions, among others, to make logical and informed decisions.
- The new Ascend Profiles' Ground Events feature is Cirium's first phase to enable the aviation industry to monitor and predict future aircraft maintenance events.
- Thus businesses can better understand when and where an aircraft last had a maintenance event and forecast its next visit.
- It will also help identify aircraft transitions and define strategies around how and where maintenance and aftermarket budgets are being allocated by operators.
- "By tracking each Ground Event of an airline's aircraft, we can identify whether it was for redesigned cabins, new aircraft branding, a maintenance event, or for its return to service," said Cirium CEO Jeremy Bowen.
- Price Action: RELX shares closed higher by 0.04% at $27.58 on Tuesday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.