US crude oil futures traded lower this morning on Monday. Investors, meanwhile, focused on some notable insider trades.
When insiders sell shares, it indicates their concern in the company’s prospects or that they view the stock as being overpriced. Either way, this signals an opportunity to go short on the stock. Insider sales should not be taken as the only indicator for making an investment or trading decision. At best, it can lend conviction to a selling decision.
Below is a look at a few recent notable insider sales. For more, check out Benzinga's insider transactions platform.
- The Trade: The TJX Companies, Inc TJX Executive Chairman Carol Meyrowitz sold a total of 39,354 shares at an average price of $78.02. The insider received around $3.07 million from selling those shares.
- What’s Happening: TJX Companies recently reported mixed Q3 results and raised its Q4 comparable store sales outlook..
- What TJX Does: The TJX Companies, headquartered in Framingham, Massachusetts, operates as an off-price apparel and home fashions retailer.
- The Trade: Walmart Inc. WMT Senior Vice President David Chojnowski sold a total of 7,000 shares at an average price of $149.89. The insider received around $1.05 million as a result of the transaction.
- What’s Happening: Morgan Stanley recently maintained Walmart with an Overweight and raised the price target from $150 to $164..
- What Walmart Does: Walmart, founded in 1945, engages in the operation of retail, wholesale, and other units worldwide.
Have a look at our premarket coverage here .
- The Trade: Dillard's, Inc. DDS Vice President Tony J Bolte sold a total of 2,300 shares at an average price of $367.40. The insider received around $845.02 thousand from selling those shares.
- What’s Happening: Dillard's recently announced a special dividend of $15.00 per share.
- What Dillard's Does: Dillard's, based in Little Rock, Arkansas, operates retail department stores in the southeastern, southwestern, and midwestern areas of the United States.
- The Trade: Crocs, Inc. CROX CEO Andrew Rees sold a total of 10,000 shares at an average price of $100.55. The insider received around $1.01 million from selling those shares.
- What’s Happening: Baird recently maintained Crocs with an Outperform and raised the price target from $100 to $150.
- What Crocs Does: Crocs Inc is engaged in the design, development, marketing, distribution, and sale of casual lifestyle footwear accessories for men, women, and children.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.