- Mercedes-Benz Group ADR MBGYY has become the latest car maker to exit Russia.
- The luxury car producer, Reuters reported, will pull out from the Russian market and sell shares in its industrial and financial services subsidiaries to a local investor.
- However, the exit plan would not affect Mercedes' stake in Russian truck maker Kamaz, the report added.
- The company's stake in Kamaz would be transferred to Daimler Truck in 2022 as planned.
- Major automakers have been facing issues with the supply chain due to sanctions imposed on Russia because of its Ukraine invasion.
- Japan's Toyota Motor Corp TM ended vehicle production in Russia in September due to difficulties in sourcing key materials.
- Also Read: Toyota Lowers FY23 Production Target As Chip Supply Woes Continue
- Price Action: MBGYY shares closed higher by 1.84% at $14.69 on Tuesday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.