- Veoneer Inc VNE announced that, in connection with the previously announced merger agreement with SSW and Qualcomm Inc QCOM, the parties have agreed that the closing of the merger will take place on April 1, 2022.
- The new owners plan to appoint Jacob Svanberg as the company's new CEO.
- Related: Qualcomm Beat Magna International To Scoop Veoneer For $4.5B
- Svanberg will succeed Jan Carlson, who has been Veoneer's Chairman, President & CEO since its inception in 2018. Carlson will leave his operational and Board roles and be appointed as Advisor.
- Svanberg is currently serving as the SVP Lidar Product Area and Corporate Development.
- Price Action: VNE shares are trading higher by 1.84% at $36.77 on the last check Thursday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.