Some of the stocks that may grab investor focus today are:
- General Motors Company GM reported an increase in quarterly sales in China for the first time after two years, Reuters reported. The automaker’s Chinese sales gained 12% year-over-year in the quarter ended September. GM shares slipped 0.2% to close at $32.16 on Friday.
- Mallinckrodt PLC MNK disclosed that it has initiated Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Delaware. Mallinckrodt shares dropped 31.2% to close at $0.75 on Friday.
- Kronos Bio, Inc. KRON shares jumped more than 42% on Friday after the company priced its IPO at $19 per share. Kronos Bio shares climbed 42.5% to close at $27.07 on Friday.
Find out what's going on in today's market and bring any questions you have to Benzinga's PreMarket Prep.
- A consortium comprising Carlyle Group Inc CG and Pacific Equity offered to acquire Australia's Link Administration Holdings for $2 billion. Carlyle Group shares gained 0.4% to close at $26.80 on Friday.
- Shares of SpartanNash Company SPTN surged over 26% on Friday on news of a commercial agreement with Amazon.com, Inc. SpartanNash shares gained 26.3% to close at $21.49 on Friday.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.