18 Biggest Mid-Day Losers For Thursday
- Apricus Biosciences Inc (NASDAQ: APRI) shares tumbled 11 percent to $1.37.
- Whitestone REIT (NYSE: WSR) shares dipped 8.8 percent to $12.99. Whitestone REIT priced an offering of 7 million shares at $13 per share and reported a deal to buy 2 premier retail centers.
- Skyline Medical Inc (NASDAQ: SKLN) shares dropped 8.7 percent to $2.30 after climbing 16.13 percent on Wednesday.
- NanoString Technologies Inc (NASDAQ: NSTG) shares declined 7.9 percent to $17.50. NanoString Technologies is expected to release Q1 results on May 4. Morgan Stanley downgraded NanoString from Overweight to Equal-Weight.
- RLI Corp. (NYSE: RLI) shares fell 8 percent to $53.88 on downbeat quarterly earnings.
- Plexus Corp. (NASDAQ: PLXS) shares dropped 7.8 percent to $53.67. Plexus reported Q2 GAAP earnings of $0.84 per share on revenue of $604 million.
- Westar Energy Inc (NYSE: WR) declined 7.4 percent to $51.04. 8-K from Great Plains Energy showed that after public hearings, the Kansas Corporation Commission issued an order denying joint merger for the company to buy Westar.
- AZZ Inc (NYSE: AZZ) dipped 7.2 percent to $54.55. AZZ reported Q4 earnings of $0.44 per share on revenue of $193.8 million.
- Texas Capital Bancshares Inc (NASDAQ: TCBI) shares fell 7 percent to $73.25 as the company posted weaker-than-expected Q1 results.
- MEDNAX Inc (NYSE: MD) fell 6.3 percent to $62.48 after the company reported downbeat quarterly earnings.
- United Rentals, Inc. (NYSE: URI) dropped 6 percent to $112.30. United Rentals posted upbeat Q1 earnings.
- Syntel, Inc. (NASDAQ: SYNT) shares declined 5.8 percent to $16.57. Syntel posted upbeat earnings for its first quarter, but issued a weak FY17 forecast.
- Controladora Vuela Co Avcn SA CV (NYSE: VLRS) declined 5.3 percent to $13.28. Controladora Vuela reported a Q1 loss of $72 million.
- Eagle Point Credit Company Inc (NYSE: ECC) shares fell 4.8 percent to $19.52. Eagle Point Credit reported an offering of 1.25 million shares of common stock.
- eBay Inc (NASDAQ: EBAY) declined 4 percent to $32.52. eBay reported better-than-expected earnings for its first quarter earnings, but issued a weak profit forecast for the current quarter. The company also announced it added 2 million buyers in the quarter. Monness Crespi Hardt downgraded eBay from Buy to Neutral.
- TCP Capital Corp (NASDAQ: TCPC) shares fell 3.3 percent to $16.67. TCP Capital reported an offering of 5 million shares of common stock. The company also reported preliminary Q1 adjusted net investment income of $0.37-$0.39 per share.
- Philip Morris International Inc. (NYSE: PM) dropped 3.2 percent to $110.30 after the company reported weaker-than-expected earnings for its first quarter.
- Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE: VZ) fell 2 percent to $48.10 after the company posted downbeat Q1 results.
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.