Profile Of Twitter's First NBA Live Advertiser In Asia
Twitter Inc (NYSE: TWTR) has signed Philippines carrier Globe Telecom as its first advertising partner in Asia for NBA live stream shows "The Starters" and "The Warmup."
'The Starters' And 'The Warmup'
The companies will collaborate on these two NBA's live exclusive programs that are streamed on Twitter and also for custom NBA highlights on Twitter in the Philippines. These NBA shows have first-of-its-kind elements created specifically for integration with Twitter conversation.
"The Starters" airs on Tuesdays at 11 a.m. ET/Wednesdays at 12 a.m. Singapore time, while "The Warmup" airs on Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. ET / Fridays at 8:30 a.m. Singapore time.
Why The Philippines?
Some key stats too might have led to the ad deal. Hari explained, "90 percent of male Twitter users in the Philippines are interested in basketball, with 76 percent of them actively following and watching the NBA.”
Since the NBA joined Twitter in 2009, the league has more than 23 million followers.
Following are some key facts about Globe Telecom:
- Headquartered in Mandaluyong, Philippines.
- Provides mobile, fixed line and broadband networks in Philippines.
- Operates internationally with presence in over ten countries and 736 roaming partners.
- Serves 55 million customers with about 6,800 employees.
- Principal shareholders are Ayala Corporation and Singtel.
- Member of Bridge Alliance, Asia Pacific's leading mobile alliance of 36 mobile carriers with a combined customer base of over 680 million.
In Thursday's pre-market, Twitter was seen up 0.49 percent at $18.58.
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.