15 Biggest Mid-Day Losers For Tuesday
- Nivalis Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: NVLS) shares tumbled 57.1 percent to $2.68 after the company reported it failed to demonstrate benefit in absolute change in predicted FEV1 or in Sweat Chloride Reduction at 12 weeks. The failed trial has prompted four Wall Street firms to downgrade the issue including Raymond James, Cowen, Baird and Stifel.
- PhaseRx Inc (NASDAQ: PZRX) shares fell 23 percent to $2.17.
- Amicus Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FOLD) shares dropped 21.9 percent to $6.50 after the company reported a regulatory plan for full approval pathway for migalastat.
- Bioblast Pharma Ltd (NASDAQ: ORPN) declined 18.1 percent to $1.31. Bioblast Pharma posted a Q3 loss of $0.28 per share.
- Skyline Medical Inc (NASDAQ: SKLN) shares fell 15.9 percent to $2.97. Skyline Medical shares have dropped 2.22 percent over the past 52 weeks, while the S&P 500 index has gained 5.83 percent in the same period.
- DryShips Inc. (NASDAQ: DRYS) shares dropped 14.1 percent to $4.25. DryShips shares have declined 97.94 percent over the past 52 weeks, while the S&P 500 index has gained 5.83 percent in the same period.
- Newpark Resources Inc (NYSE: NR) shares dipped 12.3 percent to $6.57 after the company reported a proposed $100.0 million convertible notes offering.
- Shoe Carnival, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCVL) declined 11 percent to $26.93 after the company reported weak earnings for its third quarter and lowered its annual outlook.
- Mallinckrodt PLC (NYSE: MNK) shares fell 8.7 percent to $52.63. Mallinckrodt posted Q4 earnings of $2.04 per share on revenue of $887.2 million.
- Mechel PAO (ADR) (NYSE: MTL) shares declined 7.1 percent to $5.78. Mechel reported a Q3 net loss of 2.8 billion roubles ($43 million).
- Bojangles Inc (NASDAQ: BOJA) shares fell 5.7 percent to $18.58 after the company reported a proposed 6 million share secondary offering.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. (ADR) (NYSE: HMY) shares dropped 5.1 percent to $2.34 after gaining 8.37 percent on Monday.
- SiteOne Landscape Supply Inc (NYSE: SITE) slipped 3.5 percent to $33.83 after announcing an 8 million offering of common stock by selling shareholders.
- Greif, Inc. (NYSE: GEF) fell 3.4 percent to $52.47. KeyBanc downgraded Greif to Underweight.
- United States Steel Corporation (NYSE: X) dropped 2.5 percent to $31.40. Argus Research downgraded United States Steel from Buy to Hold.
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.