May Marks Top Month In 2016 For IPOs, But How Does It Compare To Last Year?
May marks the top month for IPO underwriting as 17 have been initiated this month according to NASDAQ. May’s number of IPOs tower over the previous months of 2016, but fell short of May 2015 significantly:
Although May IPO initiations look weak year-over-year, it is the first month in 2016 amounting enough IPOs to match at least 50 percent of year-over-year IPO initiations from 2015. If greater uncertainty and shaky market conditions have caused such a decrease in IPOs in 2016, May shows the situation could be getting better by year over year metrics.
The 17 IPOs initiated this month were as follows:
- Cotiviti Holdings Inc (NYSE: COTV)
- GMS Inc (NYSE: GMS)
- Landcadia Holdings Inc (NASDAQ: LCAHU)
- Reata Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: RETA)
- US Foods Holdings Corp (NYSE: USFD)
- Midland States Bancorp Inc (NASDAQ: MSBI)
- CF Corp (NASDAQ: CFCOU)
- Merus BV (NASDAQ: MRUS)
- Grupo Supervielle SA -ADR (NYSE: SUPV)
- Pulse Biosciences Inc (NASDAQ: PLSE)
- PhaseRx Inc (NASDAQ: PZRX)
- Oncobiologics Inc (NASDAQ: ONSIU)
- Acacia Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: ACIA)
- SiteOne Landscape Supply Inc (NYSE: SITE)
- Turning Point Brands Inc. (NYSE: TPB)
- Spring Bank Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: SBPH)
- Intellia Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ: NTLA)
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.