Market Update: Tuesday's Top Volume Leaders
The Dow Jones Industrial Index fell 1.09 percent, S&P 500 Index trimmed 0.39 percent, NASDAQ composite sunk 0.15 percent, and the U.S. dollar followed the trend.
The following were the top 10 volume stocks in the first half Tuesday’s market session:
- Bank of America Corp (NYSE: BAC) had volumes of ~30.1 million versus averages of ~79.92 million.
- Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL) had volumes of ~29.65 million versus averages of ~42.97 million.
- Facebook Inc (NASDAQ: FB) had volumes of ~25.137 million versus averages of ~27.37 million.
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation (NYSE: CHK) had volumes of ~25.027 million versus averages of ~21.13 million.
- eBay Inc (NASDAQ: EBAY) had volumes of ~20.275 million versus averages of ~12 million.
- Micron Technology (NASDAQ: MU) had volumes of ~19.558 million versus averages of ~37.57 million.
- Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC) had volumes of ~19.579 million versus averages of ~34.88 million.
- Barrick Gold Corporation (USA) (NYSE: ABX) had volumes of ~18.833 million versus averages of ~13.34 million.
- Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE: VZ) had volumes of ~16.9 million versus averages of ~13.93 million.
- Regions Financial Corp (NYSE: RF) had volumes of ~15.591 million versus averages of ~14.85 million.
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.