Dex One, SuperMedia On Track to Close Merger During 1H13, Set Shareholder Meetings
Dex One Corporation (NYSE: DEXO) and SuperMedia Inc. (NASDAQ: SPMD) announced today each company will hold a special stockholder meeting on March 13, 2013 to vote on the proposed merger of the companies as announced in August 2012. Both companies are mailing a joint proxy statement/prospectus to their respective stockholders this week. Newdex, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Dex One, also filed a registration statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission that provides details of the proposed merger.
The companies expect to complete the transaction in the first half of 2013.
Dex One will hold its stockholder meeting on March 13, at 1 p.m. Eastern, at Dex One's corporate headquarters located at 1001 Winstead Dr., Cary, NC 27513. SuperMedia will hold its stockholder meeting on March 13, at 12 p.m. Central, at SuperMedia's corporate headquarters located at 2200 West Airfield Dr., D/FW Airport, TX 75261.
Each company's stockholders of record as of January 25, 2013 are entitled to vote at their respective meeting. The boards of directors of both companies have unanimously recommended approval of the merger.
To date, a significant majority of senior lenders for both companies support the transaction. In the event the companies do not obtain unanimous support from their remaining lenders, either or both companies may seek to complete the merger by means of a pre-packaged bankruptcy.
By merging, the two companies expect to accelerate the transformation of the newly combined business and:
* Improve Positioning for Growth
* National scale and scope – more than 3,100 marketing consultants across the U.S. * Greater market share – supporting more than 670,000 businesses
* Improve Quality and Productivity
* Offering a complete suite of social, mobile and local marketing solutions * Capture marketing consultant expertise and best practices from the two companies * Engage the best technology systems and platforms, operating processes, tools and client care techniques
* Strengthen the Combined Company's Balance Sheet
* Expense synergies * Efficient use of tax assets * Enhance cash flow * Extend runway for payment of senior debt
© 2017 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.