1 Minute Review
Wirex is a borderless, digital payment platform seeking to make traditional currencies and crypto equal and accessible to everyone. Its innovative mobile app and next-gen card lets you purchase, store, exchange and spend a broad range of traditional and digital currencies quickly and securely — zero fuss and no hidden fees.
You can customize the app the way you want it to work by choosing from more than 12 traditional and crypto currency accounts. Quick and simple money transfer options are readily available, as well as the freedom to spend 150+ fiat and cryptocurrencies in over 54 million locations around the globe using the Wirex card.
Funding your account is also as easy as using your debit/credit card, bank transfer or crypto. For a seamless experience, Wirex lets you manage your account and track payments with its live in-app messages.
- Secure accounts
- Quick and simple money transfer options
- Exchange multiple currencies instantly
- You can spend over 150 fiat and cryptocurrencies
- Easy account funding
- Earn up to 1.5% in Bitcoin for every in-store transaction you make
- Heavily-discounted fees
- High limits
- 24/7 live chat support
- There have been complaints about long running open tickets
Table of Contents [Hide]
Wirex Quick Summary
|Commissions & fees||5 stars|
|Customer support||4 stars|
|Mobile app||5 stars|
Getting your Wirex card and the corresponding current account is free, but different fees and limits will apply depending on the currency of your account. Account fees, multi-sig crypto accounts, multi-sig fiat accounts, card issuance, card maintenance, card replacement, and card delivery fees are $0.
You’ll pay a 1% fee for topping up with cryptocurrency in your account using a debit or credit card, while Wirex fiat account holders will enjoy free top ups. All bank deposits are done free of charge and may take 2 to 3 days to settle in your account.
Wirex cryptocurrency account limits vary depending on the currency from which the conversion is being performed. A crypto transfer OUT has a $10,000 limit per transaction and $50,000 limit per day. There’s no maximum account balance for all Wirex users.
Wirex also spoils its users with handsome rewards. You can earn up to 1.5% in Bitcoin for every in-store transaction you make. You’ll also get $10 in Bitcoin when you refer a friend.
|Card maintenance fee||Free|
|Multi-sig crypto and fiat accounts||Free|
|Crypto account top-up||1% fee|
|Fiat exchange services||Free|
Wirex’s ease-of-use starts from the word go. Wirex promises to have your account ready in only a few clicks. You can start registration on the Wirex website or via the Wirex mobile app. Fill the simple registration form, choose your country of residence, enter an email and create a password. You’ll then receive a prompt to confirm your email, after which you are redirected to an identity verification screen.
It should only take a few minutes to upload the required documents, and you’ll have access to all Wirex features.
Funding Your Account
With Wirex, you can both add funds from or send money to external crypto wallets and currency accounts. Wirex lets you top up your account by sending traditional por crypto currency from your external accounts, requesting from friends or family members or getting paid by your employer. You only need to provide them with your account details.
If you’re funding your account through an already linked card, you can settle the transaction within the Wirex mobile app. For an external crypto or fiat currency account, you’ll receive the necessary information to send to the Wirex account from the external platform, including sort code, IBAN number and cryptocurrency addresses.
Multi Currency Card
The Wirex multicurrency card lets you spend different crypto and fiat currencies with instant conversion at any point-of-sale and with zero exchange fees. This Wirex card also earns you up to 1.5% Cryptoback™ rewards on all your spending. The list of traditional and crypto accounts that can be linked to the Wirex card include:
- Fiat accounts: USD, EUR, CAD, GBP, CZK, RON, HUF, PLN, HRK
- Crypto accounts: BTC, ETH, LTC, XRP, WAVES, DAI, XLM, NANO
While Wirex doesn’t have a vast collection of educational resources, its help center serves as a one-stop location for quick and effective solutions to any questions about its product. Start with its blog where you’ll find updated information about most asked questions you may be interested in.
The Wirex community is also a great resource for anyone looking to share their feedback, suggest new features and connect with like-minded enthusiasts. Top categories in the Wirex community include:
- Support & resources: This dedicated support and resource center averaging 67 posts per month provides all the information you need regarding accounts, cards, fees and limits, security, crypto & traditional currencies, Wirex rewards and others.
- General chat: This room averaging 66 posts per month is home to all conversations regarding blockchain, Fintech, innovation, your favorite cryptocurrencies and more.
- Feedback and ideas: Here, you can share your ideas, requests and provide feedback on how Wirex can deliver a greater experience.
And if you still can’t find what you’re looking for, submit your request to the Wirex support team and they’ll have it resolved as soon as possible.
Wirex doesn’t provide a dedicated customer support number but offers dedicated 24/7 live chat support to all its users. For better problem resolution, Wirex dedicates different channels for different inquiries as follows:
- Press inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wirex business inquiries: email@example.com
- Partnership inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Affiliate inquiries: email@example.com
- Marketing inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
The company advises its customers to first try the Wirex community or visit the help center before submitting a request. Even so, you can contact Wirex support via your mobile app by creating a new ticket or replying to an existing ticket.
The Wirex platform continues to develop its product in-line with the market development. Some of its key offerings include:
- Contactless Wirex visa card and Mastercard (EEA) : Wirex boasts the pioneer contactless payment card that lets you seamlessly spend numerous digital and conventional currencies in more than 54 million locations globally.
- Instant exchange: Instantly convert money between any of the supported crypto or traditional currencies at live OTC and interbank rates.
- Cryptoback™ rewards: Wirex owns the world’s novel bitcoin reward programme in which you can earn up to 1.5% back in bitcoin on every in-store purchase you make with the Wirex card.
- Quick and simple money transfer: With Wirex, you can easily transfer cryptocurrencies across the world for free, or take advantage of integrated banking channels like SEPA, Swift and Faster Payments.
The Wirex mobile app is arguably what sets it apart from its competition, and for good reason — it has a host of incredibly features including:
- User-friendly interface: Most of the Wirex app users give it a positive review for its user-friendly experience. From funding your account to submitting a support ticket when you’re stuck, the Wirex interface makes it incredibly easy for you to locate all these features. The app isn’t cluttered, so you won’t feel worked up trying to find what you want.
- Robust platform: Besides storing up to 20 crypto and traditional currencies in one account, the Wirex mobile app also provides an intuitive, robust platform where you can seamlessly buy, hold, exchange and spend these currencies. When you exchange cryptocurrencies to and from traditional currencies inside the app, the corresponding amount is instantly loaded to your wallet or card.
- 13 languages supported: The latest Wirex mobile app update came with an additional new language including Turkish, Italian, Portuguese, Greek, Russian, Tagalog and Indonesian. Just pick your preferred language in your phone settings.
- Available for both Android and iOS: The Wirex app supports iOS 12.4 and higher as well as Android 5.0 Lollipop and higher.
Wirex gives you the power to use your money, your way, on a single borderless payment platform. The Wirex app also excels at saving you money — you can buy, exchange and transfer 20 traditional and digital currencies with low fees, high limits and no hidden charges. You also have unrestricted access to OTC and interbank rates.
We also bet you’ve seen rewards that will match Cryptoback™ rewards that dole out up to 1.5% in bitcoin each time you use your Wirex card in-store. Wirex is your gateway to buying and selling crypto freely and easily.