You’ll find more than 100,000 online courses at any skill level. Even better, you can learn on your schedule.
- Students who want new educational pathways
- Freelancers who want to expand their portfolio
- Developing business and software skills
- Split by skill level (beginner, intermediate and advanced)
- Lifetime access to courses
- Thousands of courses available
- Frequent sales can make courses more cost effective
- Official accredited certificates not always offered
- Courses vary in quality and substance
- Can be expensive without the sale price
Popular learning platform Udemy offers classes in every topic imaginable — business, photography, development, marketing, personal development and more. It’s a go-to option if you want to learn a new topic or build on your prior knowledge.
Companies like Booking.com, Pinterest, Eventbrite, Adidas and Mercedes-Benz have even used Udemy’s learning platform to help their employees gain skills and move up the career ladder.
Here’s what you need to know about Udemy so you know whether its online classes are right for you.
Who’s Udemy for?
Whether you’re a business professional, want to pick up a hobby or learn about possible careers or majors, you’ll be able to find it at Udemy. In other words, you can be any age and skill level — you just have to want to learn something new.
You can also get an official certificate to verify you have the necessary skills related to each course.
Udemy Course Topics
Chances are high that you’ll be able to find at least one Udemy course that interests you. Here’s a quick list of some of the most popular courses available:
- Finance and accounting
- IT and software
- Office productivity
- Personal development
- Health and fitness
- Teaching and academics
Top Discounted Udemy Courses
Udemy’s always got a sale going on. If you want to take a course and it isn’t on sale, wait a few days and it (or a similar one) may be discounted.
Complete Python Bootcamp: Go From Zero To Hero In Python 3
- Who it's for: Beginner and intermediate learners who want to master Python
- Price: $10.99 (94% off the original price of $194.99)
Complete Python Bootcamp: Go From Zero To Hero In Python 3 earned its place on Benzinga’s list of top discounted Udemy courses due to more than 220,000 positive reviews and more than 800,000 enrolled students.
During the 24-hour modules, you’ll get a complete crash course on how to use Python professionally, including Python 2 and Python 3. The course dives deep into advanced Python features like collections modules and complex topics like decorators.
The course also includes quizzes, tests, homework assignments and 3 major projects so you can build a project portfolio that showcases your new skills.
The Complete Financial Analyst Course 2020
- Who it's for: Beginner to intermediate financial analysts
- Price: $13.99 (93% off the original price of $194.99)
The bestselling Complete Financial Analyst Course 2020 is one of the best on Udemy if you want to gain financial analysis skills.
Throughout the 17-hour course, you’ll learn how to work with large amounts of data, create professional charts in Excel, format spreadsheets, perform a financial statement analysis and build a balance sheet from scratch.
The course makes learning fun. After each new skill you master, you’ll put your knowledge to the test and solve a challenge.
The Ultimate Drawing Course — Beginner to Advanced
- Who it's for: Beginners who want to learn how to draw
- Price: $16.99 (89% off the original price of $149.99)
The Ultimate Drawing Course — Beginner to Advanced teaches you how to draw objects freehand. The 11-hour course shows you how to master the fundamentals of art as you learn how to draw a human face and figure and perspective drawings.
The instructor can help you create beautiful drawings even if you’re not naturally artistic. You’ll create more than 50 different projects to elevate your skills from beginner to advanced.
The Complete Digital Marketing Course — 12 Courses in 1
- Who it's for: Beginners and intermediate learners who work or want to work in digital marketing
- Price: $12.99 (94% off the original price of $199.99)
The Complete Digital Marketing Course — 12 Courses in 1 is perfect for all types of business, including digital products, physical products, services, B2C or B2B. You’ll have to complete projects, quizzes and checklists during all of its 23.5 hours.
The Complete SQL Bootcamp
- Who it's for: Beginner and intermediate learners who want to learn SQL and PostgreSQL
- Price: $10.99 (94% off the original price of $194.99)
No prior experience is needed to take The Complete SQL Bootcamp. SQL is one of the most in-demand skills if you want to improve your tech field career trajectory. You’ll learn how to read and write complex queries using PostgreSQL over the course of 8.5 hours of on-demand videos. The course challenges you with quizzes and tests to put your newfound knowledge to work.
AWS Certified Solutions Architect — Associate 2020
- Who it's for: Beginner to intermediate learners who want to pass the AWS Solutions Architect-Associate Exam
- Price: $18.99 (89% off the original price of $179.99)
AWS Certified Solutions Architect — Associate 2020 helps its learners become Amazon Web Services Certified. The 13-hour course teaches you everything you need to know to pass the 2019 and 2020 AWS Solutions Architect Associate exam.
You don’t need prior AWS experience or programming knowledge. The course starts with an overview of the AWS platform, then you’ll dive deep into specific elements of the platform, including EC2, S3, CloudFront, Route54, Auto Scaling and much more.
You’ll have lifetime access so you can stay updated on the course. (AWS had 1,500 new product releases in 2019 alone!)
More than 500,000 students rated the course 4.5. The reviews highlight clear instruction and comprehensive course material. You can read reviews and take 2 practice tests to help you prepare for the AWS Solutions Architect-Associate Exam.
Learn Online with Udemy
It’s easy to find a Udemy topic that piques your interest. Vet the teacher’s experience and expertise and don’t forget to read past student reviews.
Frequently Asked Questions
In many ways, Udemy courses can be very worth it. Udemy offers many courses on countless different subject matters that can help you learn or advance your knowledge on a topic or skill. Their courses are legitimate and can be a good look for employers to show your interest in a topic.
Submit Your One Minute Opinion
Southern New Hampshire University Online
SNHU Online Offers:
- Flexible schedules
- Affordable tuition
- Online tutoring
- Access to electronic research materials
- Specialized academic advising
- Supportive online community