1 Minute Review
Suracy is an insurance agency that offers a robust selection of business insurance products. Suracy used to be known as AmVenture, so don’t feel lost if you don’t recognize the name. If you’re a small or medium-sized business looking for an insurance company that can help protect you from various liabilities, you may appreciate what Suracy has to offer.
- Variety of policy options
- Customized policies and solutions
- Creates customized insurance policies for your business
- May offer tips and resources for your business and industry
- Pricing information is not available on the Suracy website
Who’s Suracy Insurance for?
If you own a business, you’re going to need insurance. Actually, you might need multiple types of insurance policies. This is why it’s important to work with an insurance agency that understands your business needs. Suracy is a great option, especially for small and medium-sized businesses who want some assistance in figuring out what they need.
Suracy Insurance Products
- Business owner’s policy (BOP): As a business owner, it’s no secret to you that businesses have liability risks. There are many specialty insurance policies that can address specific risks. This type of insurance policy is designed to address the most common risks that your businesses face. It offers a more efficient and often more cost-effective way to bundle multiple insurance policies into a neat package.
Your business owner’s policy can be customized to meet your specific needs. Generally, it will include property insurance to cover the cost of your business property if it is damaged by events such as theft or fire. It will also include general liability insurance to cover any legal fees your business faces due to injury claims from visitors to your business. If your business loses revenue due to an unforeseen circumstance such as a severe storm or fire, business interruption coverage can offset the loss, for example.
- Commercial auto: If your business has a company vehicle, you may need a commercial auto insurance policy. Your commercial auto insurance policy needs to meet the same minimum coverage requirements that your personal auto insurance policy does. Policies can vary from state to state, but generally include comprehensive, collision, underinsured and uninsured motorist and medical payments coverage. If your business uses a loading dock, you may also want to add loading and unloading coverage to your policy. This can cover employees if they are injured while loading and unloading items from covered business vehicles.
- Commercial property: Think of this as the business version of homeowners insurance. Commercial property insurance covers the building that your business operates out of, as well as the items inside of your building. It also offers coverage for other people’s personal belongings. For example, if your employee brings their laptop to work and it is damaged by an electrical surge, your insurance policy would cover this. Similar to homeowners insurance, some weather-related events are not usually covered by this insurance policy. Most of Suracy’s commercial property policies cover damage from windstorms, theft and fires, but you may not be able to receive coverage for damage caused by floods and earthquakes.
- Cyber liability: With cyber-attacks becoming more frequent, cyber liability insurance can be an important aspect of any business. While Suracy’s cyber liability insurance cannot prevent a cyber attack from happening, it can help you cover some of the costs of managing an attack. Your cyber liability policy will be customized based on your business needs. A basic policy will ensure that your company is in compliance with your state’s breach notification requirements. It will also cover the costs for recovering data and restoring damaged systems, as well as any legal fees you incur.
- Disability: Disability insurance will help you cover part of your employee’s lost income if they are unable to return to work for a period of time. You will use disability insurance if your employee is injured or falls ill to something that is not related to work. If you have disability insurance, you will need to contribute money to a disability plan. If one of your insured employees becomes injured, disability insurance will pay out for a portion of the time they are out of work. Some states require businesses to carry disability insurance. Suracy can help ensure that you remain compliant with your state’s disability insurance laws.
- Employment liability: Employment liability insurance helps protect you if a current or former employee files a lawsuit against you. This insurance product covers some of the costs that are associated with handling a lawsuit claim.
- General liability: You’ll also need general liability coverage just in case someone claims that they or their property were damaged due to your business’s negligence. Suracy can put together a policy that’s tailored for your business to be sure that every risk your business faces is covered. Coverage from a Suracy general liability insurance policy typically includes attorney fees, court costs, settlements and judgments that your business is liable to pay.
- Medical malpractice: Suracy also offers insurance products that are specifically designed to help protect healthcare professionals. Again, these policies can be tailored to meet your business needs. A typical policy covers some of all of your legal costs including the gathering of paperwork, medical records and expert witnesses. It can also cover some or all of the settlement amount to resolve your case.
- Paid family leave: Even though there is no federal requirement for Paid Family Leave in the U.S., Suracy can help you provide this benefit to your employees. It covers up to 8 weeks of paid financial leave for several circumstances that your employees may face throughout their time with you. Employees may use this coverage if they have a newly adopted or fostered child or need to take maternity or paternity leave. It can also be used if they have a deployed family member and if they need time off to take care of a seriously ill family member. In 2021, Suracy will be increasing its paid financial leave from 8 to 12 weeks.
- Professional liability: Also known as Errors and Omissions (E&O) insurance, Suracy offers this insurance product to professionals who offer services in a specific area of expertise. When you speak with Suracy about your business needs, the customer service team can help you determine whether you need professional liability coverage. Suracy recommends it especially for accountants, architects, consultants, healthcare professionals, IT professionals and real estate agents. It offers coverage for lawsuits if you are accused by a client of negligence, mistakes and failure to deliver work and/or services. A Suracy representative can help walk you through the specific coverage it can offer you based on your business and services.
- Workers’ compensation: Workers’ compensation is important for both yourself and your employees. If you have 1 or more employees, you will need to purchase this insurance product. Suracy works with your business to help assess the risks your business faces and offer advice on the type of coverage you need. Its workers’ compensation policies cover most illnesses and injuries that occur due to a work-related accident. This could be a physical injury from something like a fall, or it could be an illness that stemmed from exposure to a hazardous chemical at work. It will protect you as the employer from lawsuits and offer financial compensation to your employees. Suracy’s workers’ compensation policies are definitely a win-win situation for most businesses.
Available Discounts and Tips on Getting the Best Rate
To get the best rate on your Suracy insurance products, your first step is to get a quote. Quotes are a free, quick and easy way to get an accurate idea of what your policy might cost you. You can work with Suracy to determine which types of coverage your business needs as well as how much you need.
You can reach Suracy’s customer service team in a few ways:
If you want to use the benefits of your insurance products, you’ll need to submit a claim. Suracy offers quick claims processing through its 24/7 online claims service.
For additional claims support, you can:
- Call 855-809-1521
- Email email@example.com
Pricing and Value
Suracy offers a wide variety of insurance products for small businesses. As with any insurance product, the price for your policy will depend on a number of factors. For business insurance, these factors could include the industry you work in, how many employees you have and any specific risks of your profession.
An advantage to Suracy is that it offers clear and thorough explanations of its products. It can help you determine the policies you need if you’re self-employed just as well as help you determine the policies you need if you have 500 employees.
To find out how much your Suracy policies will cost, you’ll need to get a quote. Pricing information is not listed on the Suracy website.
Should I Buy Insurance from Suracy?
Suracy has a lot to offer. If you’re looking for a company that can help walk you through insurance policies and offer you advice, Suracy is a great option. However, we always recommend comparing quotes before deciding which insurance company can offer you the best value.