1 Minute Review
Stock Rover is a comprehensive stock analysis and screening tool that gives investors access to high-quality research tools, educational content, expert analysis and more. Stock Rover goes well beyond standard analysis tools, offering account holders 1 of the most comprehensive sets of screening criteria and research qualifications that we’ve seen. For example, users can filter investment opportunities using over 650 metrics with Premium Plus access.
Stock Rover offers 4 different plan tiers, which can become confusing for new investors who aren’t exactly sure which tools they’ll use. However, free accounts offer a wide range of functionality that gives users a better feel for Stock Rover’s setup, along with a free trial of Premium Plus functionality. Getting started with a Stock Rover account is also exceptionally easy — we were able to open our free account in under 60 seconds.
- Professional investors who need high-quality analysis and research tools
- Visual learners who benefit from seeing data laid out using charts and graphs
- Anyone searching for the widest array of screening metrics
- Incredibly comprehensive range of investment analysis tools
- Over 650 screening criteria included on Premium Plus plans
- Simple account opening and brokerage account linking
- Free accounts available
- Wide variety of plan options that can be more confusing for new investors
Table of Contents [Hide]
Why Stock Rover Over Others?
Stock Rover is an excellent choice for any investor searching for the most powerful way to track and compare investment opportunities. Some of the benefits that Stock Rover offers over competitors include:
- Comprehensive screening options: Stock Rover offers investors access to over 650 screening criteria and metrics on its Premium Plus plan. From value scores to dividend yield and some more advanced metrics (like return vs S&P 500) Stock Rover has something for every type of investor.
- Well-organized data: Even the most in-depth research platform is useless if data isn’t easily accessible. Stock Rover does an excellent job of balancing information and organization when presenting data. Browse a wide range of charts, graphs and other visualization tools when you find your next trading opportunity.
- Easy account linking: Opening an account with Stock Rover takes less than 1 minute, and you can link all of your brokerage accounts through the platform for automatic updates.
Stock Rover offers both free and paid plan options. There are 4 plan options 3 of which are paid on a monthly, annually or bi-annual basis. If you decide to open an account with Stock Rover, be sure to consider an annual or bi-annual membership, which can allow you to save.
Let’s take a closer look at Stock Rover’s current plan options and a few of our favorite features included with each option.
|Plan Name||Free||Essential||Premium||Premium Plus|
|Pricing||Free||$7.99 per month|
$79.99 annual subscription
$139.99 bi-annual subscription
|$17.99 per month|
$179.99 annual subscription
$319.99 bi-annual subscription
|$27.99 per month|
$279.99 annual subscription
$479.99 bi-annual subscription
|Features||– Information over 8,500 North American Stocks|
– Information on 4,000 ETFs and 40,000 mutual funds
– Basic charting and screening capabilities
– Portfolio management and integration
– Daily analyst rating and newsfeed access
Everything included with the Free plan plus the following:
– Information on over 260 financial metrics
– Watchlist capabilities
– Enhanced customer service
– Text and email alert capabilities
– Access to advanced screening tools
– Stock Rover Library
– 5+ years of historical data
|Everything included with the Essential plan plus the following: |
– 90 additional metrics
– 10 years of detailed financial information
– Data exportation capabilities
– ETF screening
– Advanced alert features
– Multi-monitor support
|Everything included with the Premium plan plus the following: |
– Highest priority customer support
– Investor warnings
– Ratio charts
– 300 additional metrics
– Historical data screening tools
– Equation screening
To learn more about the vast array of tools beyond this overview, you can access on each Stock Rover plan, visit the company’s website.
Stock Rover offers account holders a very wide range of analysis, charting and screening tools that traders and investors can use to learn more about their next major investment opportunity. Let’s take a look at some of the many features that set Stock Rover apart from competing analysis platforms.
- Wide-reaching database metrics: The key to discovering trading and investing opportunities is to effectively narrow your options and hone in on unique stocks and funds that meet your criteria. Stock Rover has 1 of the most comprehensive screening databases we’ve seen with over 650 metrics — over 250 of those metrics include over 10 years of historical data. From common screening criteria (like dividend yield to earnings per share data) to more rare features (like Piotroski and Altman scores and percentage return comparisons to the S&P 500), Stock Rover has a database metric for everyone.
Stock Rover also excels at comparison tools, particularly its Table functionality. The Table allows investors to seamlessly compare multiple dimensions of financial, operational and price performance. It uses a spreadsheet like paradigm where the spreadsheet is pre-populated with lots of highly specialized financial data, making it easier to distill information into a more easily-comparable format.
Browse over 650 screening metrics and add your favorites with a few clicks to create a desktop platform that’s customized to your needs.
- Portfolio analysis tools: Tracking your portfolio returns and strength over time is simple with Stock Rover’s portfolio analysis tools. With Stock Rover, you don’t only have access to high-quality graphs and charts that allow you to visualize how your portfolio is changing over time — it also offers an additional range of comparison metrics. Compare your returns to the S&P 500, Warren Buffett’s Top 25 Holdings and more. You can also quickly change your view to track your holdings and compare returns to risk with just a few clicks.
Track your portfolio returns and progress compared to outside metrics (like the S&P 500) to balance your risk and rewards — and reallocate your assets when necessary.
- Well-organized visuals and data: If you’re the type of investor who researches stocks and funds using visual mediums, you’ll love Stock Rover’s well-organized and streamlined visual data. Choose among the thousands of ETFs, mutual funds and individual stocks supported by Stock Rover’s platform and view appealing graphs and data that help you more effectively visualize how a particular asset is changing in value over time.
Stock Rover has also integrated its Research Reports functionality into each insight’s page. Research Reports can be purchased for $99 for an unlimited subscription View expert analyst ratings, growth and value scores, market capitalization information, a short description of each offering’s primary products and much more. Estimates, returns, growth information and more information is also available in a well laid-out and easy-to-understand format. Another major benefit of the Research Reports section is that the math is always calculated at run-time, meaning that data is always unbiased and up-to-date before a narrative can be implemented.
Explore stock and fund options with well-organized visual data and expert analysis.
Not all tools are available on every Stock Rover plan. For example, the free plan option is the most limited, offering expert analytics on only North American markets and assets. Before you choose which Stock Rover plan is right for you, we highly recommend spending some time reading over each of the benefits included with each option and beginning with a free account before committing to a paid package.
Getting started with Stock Rover is also exceptionally easy and simple. Just choose a username, enter your email address and confirm your email to activate your account. In our trial run, it took us about 60 seconds to get started with Stock Rover’s free plan — and we even received a free 2-week trial of Stock Rover Premium Plus.
Stock Rover also offers a number of educational resources you can use to learn more about the platform’s functionality as well as how to best perform your own stock research. Some of our favorite features include:
- Research reports: Stock Rover offers users access to up-to-the-minute research reports from expert sources. View reports of your choosing in your browser or download them as a PDF file for education on-the-go.
- Interactive videos: After you open your Stock Rover account, you could be easily overwhelmed by the number of features included. Thankfully, Stock Rover offers a selection of tutorials and video lessons that walk you through some of the platform’s most popular features, step-by-step. From basic introductions to comprehensive webinars, Stock Rover’s selection of video lessons and tutorials are impressive.
- Weekly market briefs: No time to hunt through research reports? Get a quick market roundup each week for free through Stock Rover’s blog. Weekly market briefs include information on the primary factors influencing the markets, with index and commodity movements and upcoming earnings reports. Stock Rover’s blog also includes instructions on customizing your desktop platform and accessing all of Stock Rover’s features.
Stock Rover offers a few different methods that you can use to contact customer service, including:
- By email: To get in contact with Stock Rover’s customer support team by email, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Users with a higher tier plan have access to premium customer service.
- By phone: Though Stock Rover does offer customer service assistance by phone, the company doesn’t publish its phone number online. However, you can schedule a customer service call by emailing email@example.com with your phone number, the best time to reach you and the reason for your call. Stock Rover will only contact you during normal business hours (9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST).
Currently, there is no specific phone number or customer service option for men and women living with hearing limitations.
Stock Rover is also compatible with mobile device users, and mobile UI features much of the same functionality as the desktop platform. Although there is not currently a mobile app available for Stock Rover, you can quickly log into your account from any mobile device through your web browser. Some of our favorite features of the mobile platform include:
- Easy portfolio tracking: Stock Rover’s mobile platform was designed with simplicity in mind. Quickly browse through portfolios and holdings with just a few swipes and taps.
- Freeform screener equations: Premium users can now access freeform screener equations through their mobile platform. Screener equations allow you to customize formulas to filter out stocks, funds and investment opportunities. For example, you might want to search for stocks whose 50-day moving average is higher than the 200-day moving average by 10%. Nearly any equation is possible — and now this functionality has extended to the mobile interface.
- Tablet compatibility: Prefer to track your investments using a tablet? Stock Rover also offers a unique interface for tablet users.
To access Stock Rover’s mobile platform, simply access your account using your mobile or tablet internet browser.
Stock Rover is a comprehensive analysis, research and screening platform that offers an impressive range of features and tools. With over 650 analysis criteria and screening tools included with Premium Plus plans and the option to create your own custom screening tools, Stock Rover is unmatched when it comes to research options. The platform includes expert research reports and graphing tools perfect for visual learners. Advanced charting options are available.
Although Stock Rover’s offerings might be a bit overwhelming for new investors, experts and those looking for a more cohesive way to take in data will likely love Stock Rover’s platform. In the future, we’d love to see Stock Rover continue to expand its mobile and customer service offerings.