Interested in becoming a better chef? Cooking at home can save you money and even help you cut some extra pounds. Keep yourself entertained (and well-fed!) at home with our list of the best cooking courses.
Best Online Cooking Courses
- Gordon Ramsey Teaches Cooking by MasterClass
- Healthy Cooking Fundamentals by Udemy
- Stew- Beef Bourguignon by Top Chef University
- How to Cook by Pasta by Rouxbe Online Culinary School
- The Ultimate Vegan Cooking Course by Udemy
- Essential Cooking Skills by Udemy
- Basic Thai Cooking Course by Udemy
- Wolfgang Puck Teaches Cooking by MasterClass
- Basic Italian Cooking Skills by Udemy
What Makes an Online Cooking Course Great?
Cooking is a great way to bond with your family and loved ones. Watching cooking courses online can be a fun-filled family activity. Here are some qualifications to look for as you choose the best online cooking course for you:
- A fun, dynamic, talented teacher can go a long way. You want to make sure you’re learning exactly what you plan to get out of the course — and then some.
- Check the cost. Culinary courses are free for a certain period. However, some culinary courses require a paid membership fee. Most come with lots of excellent resources that you can access forever. Make sure you’re getting what you want at the right price point.
- Look for the right type of community. You may want to be part of a vibrant culinary community that can help you learn faster and in a more interactive way. Does your cooking course offer similar benefits — or anything else you might be interested in learning?
Our Top Picks
We compared hundreds of courses to determine the best cooking classes, whether you consider yourself a beginner or advanced chef.
Best Cooking Courses
Our list of best cooking courses includes famous chefs and brands!
Gordon Ramsay Teaches Cooking by MasterClass
- Who it's for: Beginners to intermediate learners
- Price: $90 for 15 lessons or $15 per month
Are you a food TV fan? If so, you’re probably familiar with shows like “Hell’s Kitchen” and “Next Level Chef” and Gordon Ramsay’s cooking style. You can become a master chef at home with Gordon Ramsay’s expert culinary repertoire. The course contains 20 exclusive video lessons, starting with the basics.
You’ll learn how to buy the freshest ingredients and even valuable knife skills. The class is divided into 15 lessons that include an intro and conclusion. The class incorporates 12 dishes you can make which range from show-stopping appetizers to Ramsay’s coveted desserts.
Healthy Cooking Fundamentals by Udemy
- Who it's for: Beginners who have access to basic cooking equipment
- Price: On sale
Healthy Cooking Fundamentals teaches you the basics of culinary skills and how to apply them — just follow some simple methods. The course’s mentor, Chef Nic DeMuth, a New York-trained health-conscious chef, shares his favorite recipes.
He teaches you how to confidently use your chef skills to plate, prepare and garnish a simply cooked dish that looks as delicious as it tastes. DeMuth will teach you how to bring out the best flavors in your cooking.
Stew – Beef Bourguignon by Top Chef University
- Who it's for: Beginners
- Price: $19.99
If you love the taste of a warm comforting stew, check Top Chef University’s lesson on beef bourguignon, taught by Marcel Vigneron.
The expert chef teaches you how to cut the vegetables and marinate them with beef overnight. From searing the beef to making the gravy, Marcel’s creative expertise will guide you on how to make a savory stew.
How to Cook Pasta by Rouxbe Online Culinary School
- Who it's for: Anyone who wants to learn to cook a pasta meal
- Price: $9.99 per month or $79.99 per year
Want to cook a light, delicate and tasty pasta for a meal? Try Rouxbe’s pasta cooking course. This course teaches you how to properly cook both dried and fresh pasta. Rouxbe’s high-quality online pasta tutorials can help you cook a healthy meal for your family like a pro Italian chef in no time. This is a 10-hour, 30-minute course that includes 7 lessons.
Rouxbe also teaches you how to match different sauces to the particular type of pasta you’re cooking.
The Ultimate Vegan Cooking Course by Udemy
- Who it's for: For people who want to cook a plant-based vegan diet
- Price: $29.99
The Ultimate Vegan Cooking Course by Udemy is not only geared toward people who are vegetarians or vegans. It’s also a guide to transition to a more plant-based, holistic lifestyle. The Ultimate Vegan Cooking Course is taught by Jason Christo, a master trainer and nutrition specialist who has also struggled with Type 1 diabetes since age 11.
What will you gain from the course? The Ultimate Vegan Cooking Course offers 8 downloadable resources and 1-hour on-demand video tutorials containing delicious vegan meals. Udemy’s new vegan course is your ultimate guide to regularly cooking vegan.
Essential Cooking Skills by Udemy
- Who it's for: Absolute beginners
- Price: $44.99
Perfect for complete beginners, Essential Cooking Skills by Udemy trains you to grasp basic cooking concepts at a reasonable price.
You’ll develop certain techniques and habits crucial for working in and around your pantry, like chopping and blanching vegetables, butchering a whole chicken, making basic stocks and mother sauces. Plus, you’ll learn how to cook eggs, rice and pasta like a pro.
The course will even help change your total approach to meals — it’ll help you learn how to cook instead of what to cook.
Basic Thai Cooking Course by Udemy
- Who it's for: Anyone wants to learn how to make authentic Thai food
- Price: $74.99
Into Thai food but don’t want to rely on takeout all the time? Cooking your favorite Thai cuisine is finally within your grasp and is ideal if you’re a beginner. The instructor, Mint, teaches at the culinary school in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
You’ll learn about ideal Thai ingredients, how to prepare basic dishes and how to find ingredient substitutes if you don’t have them in your kitchen. You’ll have full lifetime access to the curriculum.
Wolfgang Puck Teaches Cooking By MasterClass
- Who it's for: Beginners, intermediate or expert chefs
- Price: 2 passes (with access to all classes) for $180
Want to cook your favorite dish like a star or master a restaurant-style recipe at home? Try celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck’s Masterclass.
Puck’s 16 video lessons and 4.5 rating proves his class is wildly popular. Puck’s Masterclass teaches you how to train your palate and use essential key ingredients like pepper, honey and lemon. (So simple!)
Basic Italian Cooking Skills (Udemy)
- Who it's for: Anyone interested in cooking simple but tasty Italian meals
- Price: $79.99
Taught by professional chef Luca La Rosa from Turin, Italy, this basic Italian cooking course will jumpstart your passion for Italian culture and cuisine. The 16-lesson course covers cooking vegetables, pasta, seafood, meat and fish. You’ll learn about authentic Italian cooking in an organized step-by-step process.
The course starts with the basics, then progresses to more specific lessons where you’ll learn how to prepare sofrito sauce and use it as a base, which is essential in Italian cooking. Two lessons focus on cooking caponata and how to make perfect roast potatoes.
Finally, the course also teaches you how to cook 4 main fish delicacies.
Choose the Best Online Cooking Class for You
Our list of the best online cooking courses will help you learn the basics and work up to cooking savory meals. Enroll in a course today to learn new techniques and delicious recipes so you can advance your culinary journey.
Southern New Hampshire University Online
SNHU Online Offers:
- Flexible schedules
- Affordable tuition
- Online tutoring
- Access to electronic research materials
- Specialized academic advising
- Supportive online community