The mortgage industry is ripe with opportunities for hardworking professionals. Consider an online course to gain the foundational skills and knowledge you need to get licensed and thrive in the field. These classes are also suitable for real estate agents who want to get out of the spotlight and work behind the scenes to help buyers get into their dream home.
Ready to get started? We’ve taken the guesswork out of finding the best mortgage courses by doing the research for you.
Best Online Mortgage Courses:
- Start, Run and Manage a Successful Mortgage Business by Udemy
- Work from Home – Learn the Mortgage Industry by Udemy
- Start a Profitable Career as Mortgage Loan Originator by Udemy
- Become a Mortgage Loan Processor by Udemy
- Advanced Mortgage Loan Processor: Essential Skills Training by Udemy
- Become an Expert on Mortgage Credit Reports by Udemy
- Mortgage Fraud, Prevention and Detection by Udemy
- Mastering the Pre-Qualification Process of a Mortgage Loan by Udemy
- U.S. Residential Mortgage Business by Udemy
What Makes a Mortgage Course Great?
Keep these factors in mind when evaluating mortgage courses to find the best fit.
Facilitated by a Mortgage Expert
The best mortgage courses are taught by seasoned mortgage professionals who can convey essential concepts in a way that’s easy for students to understand. Check the instructor’s track record by reading the biography and analyzing reviews from past and current students.
Online mortgage classes are available for all budgets. Don’t break the bank on an option that’s too pricey — start with an affordable selection and work your way up to more expensive courses as your budget permits.
You want a mortgage course that allows you to work through the lessons at your own pace. Some concepts may be more challenging than others, particularly if you are new to the industry. Avoid classes that impose strict deadlines and force you to rush through the material to meet pressing deadlines.
Best Online Mortgage Courses
Here are some reputable online courses to help jumpstart your career as a mortgage professional.
Start, Run, and Manage a Successful Mortgage Business
1. Start, Run and Manage a Successful Mortgage Business by Udemy
Who it’s for: Aspiring real estate business owners and real estate agents who want to increase their income
Are you interested in starting your own mortgage business? Whether you’re an aspiring real estate professional or agent who wants to boost their income, this Udemy bestseller is for you.
Joe Correa, CEO of Finibi Mortgage, teaches you how the mortgage brokerage and lender servicer businesses work and what you need to get started. He also includes lessons best practices for setting up operational systems, mortgage loan application preparation and processing, running a virtual mortgage business and so much more.
The class is divided into 9 sections:
- Start, Run and Manage a Successful Mortgage Business
- Mortgage Business Models
- Getting Down to Business
- Being a Problem Solver
- Choosing and Working with Lenders
- Hiring and Managing Mortgage Loan Originators
- Managing Your Mortgage Business
- Making Your Mortgage Business Efficient
- Being Prepared and Planning for the Future
Register today for full lifetime access to 2.5 hours of on-demand video, 1 article and 46 downloadable resources. You will also get a certificate of completion when you reach the finish line.
Work from Home – Learn The Mortgage Industry
2. Work from Home – Learn the Mortgage Industry by Udemy
Who it’s for: Individuals who are interested in working as a mortgage loan originator (MLO) or learning more about the mortgage industry
Not quite sure if a career as a mortgage loan originator (MLO) is right for you? Consider this free course. It features 58 minutes of on-demand video on the types of MLO positions and what you can expect, regarding duties and earnings in each role.
Work from Home – Learn the Mortgage Industry includes 4 modules:
- Hear from an MLO
- What Options Are There for Instruction to Get a License?
- If I Decide to Get My License, is There Annual Continuing Education to Keep It?
The class is facilitated by Aaron Wilson, a licensed MLO and the CEO of My Mortgage Trainer, Inc.
Start a Profitable Career as a Mortgage Loan Originator
3. Start a Profitable Career as a Mortgage Loan Originator by Udemy
Who it’s for: Aspiring real estate career professionals and current real estate agents
Also facilitated by Joe Correa, Start a Profitable Career as a Mortgage Loan Originator is designed for individuals who want to transition to real estate in a rewarding role. It’s also useful if you’re a current realtor interested in helping others realize their dream of homeownership but through the lending process.
Here’s a quick look at the course syllabus:
- Introduction to Starting a Profitable Career as a Mortgage Loan Originator
- Learn How the Entire Mortgage Process Works from A to Z
- Learn the Process of Closing a Home Loan
- Finding New Borrowers and Renewing Your License
The enrollment fee includes instant access to 2.5 hours of on-demand video, 1 article and 11 downloadable resources. The class comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee if you’re unsatisfied for any reason.
Become a Mortgage Loan Processor
4. Become a Mortgage Loan Processor by Udemy
Who it’s for: Aspiring mortgage loan processors and individuals seeking a career change who want to work from home
Become a Mortgage Loan Processor is another stellar course offering from Joe Correa. It teaches you everything you need to know to become a MLO in a little over 2 hours.
This Udemy bestseller is divided into the following sections:
- Become a Mortgage Loan Processor
- Getting Started as a Loan Processor
- Breaking It Down
- Preparing a Complete File
- Common Documents Processors Need to Become Familiar With
- Lenders Website Navigation
- Key Factors When Processing Mortgage Loans
- Compliance and Quality Control Checks
- Final Thoughts
Register today to unlock 94 on-demand video lectures, 1 article and 9 downloadable resources. You will also get a certificate of completion when you finish the course.
Advanced Mortgage Loan Processor: Essential Skills Training
5. Advanced Mortgage Loan Processor: Essential Skills Training by Udemy
Who it’s for: Mortgage loan processors
This advanced course moves beyond the basics to equip you with advanced skills needed to thrive as a mortgage loan processor. It includes detailed lessons on essential topics and exercises you can complete to demonstrate your proficiency in the lectures’ critical concepts.
Advanced Mortgage Loan Processor: Essential Skills Training consists of 7 segments:
- Introduction to Advanced Mortgage Loan Processor Course
- Mortgage Loan Processor Training Exercises
- Covering the Essentials
- A Quick Overview of the Loan Process
- Running AUS Findings and What to Do Once You Have a Conditional Loan Approval
- Top Lenders to Work with as a Loan Processor
- Lenders Who Are Hiring Right Now and the Hiring Process
Get started with the course today. It only takes a few minutes to register and you can immediately access 58 lectures condensed into 2 hours of on-demand video, 2 articles and 4 downloadable resources.
Instruction is also provided by Joe Correa.
Become an Expert on Mortgage Credit Reports
6. Become an Expert on Mortgage Credit Reports by Udemy
Who it’s for: Those who want to learn more about mortgage credit reports
Join over 800 students who took this highly-rated course to gain a more in-depth understanding of tri-merged residential credit reports used in the mortgage process. It also teaches you how to analyze credit reports and help potential borrowers improve their scores to receive competitive mortgage offers.
Also facilitated by Joe Correa, Become an Expert on Mortgage Credit Reports is broken down into these components:
- Introduction to Become an Expert on Mortgage Credit Reports
- How Credit Reporting Works
- Understanding a Tri-Merged Mortgage Credit Report
- Improving Borrowers Credit and Credit Scores
- Common Problems and Solutions to Borrower’s Credit Issues
- Running Credit Simulations
- Minimum Credit Requirements for Mortgages
- Credit Repair Companies
- Prevent Fraud and Identity Theft
- Helping Others Achieve Their Dream
The enrollment fee includes 85 lectures jam-packed into 2 hours of on-demand video and 1 downloadable resource.
Mortgage Fraud Prevention & Detection
7. Mortgage Fraud, Prevention and Detection by Udemy
Who it’s for: Mortgage loan originators, mortgage loan processors, mortgage compliance professionals, mortgage managers and executives, real estate agents, title company agents and appraisers
Real estate expert Chip Cummings presents this exceptional course on mortgage fraud. It sheds light on best practices for risk and compliance that you can implement to detect, prevent and minimize mortgage fraud within your organization.
Mortgage Fraud, Prevention and Detection spans a little over 3 hours and features 12 lectures condensed into 7 sections:
- Mortgage Fraud Prevention and Detection – Intro
- Mortgage Fraud Trends
- Types of Mortgage Fraud
- Emerging and Typical Fraud Schemes
- Prevention, Detection and Investigation
- The Legal Side of Mortgage Fraud
- Bonus Resources
You will also have access to 6 downloadable resources to help facilitate your comprehension of the material.
Enroll today to get started.
Mastering the Pre-qualification Process of a Mortgage Loan
8. Mastering the Pre-Qualification Process of a Mortgage Loan by Udemy
Who it’s for: Mortgage loan processors who want to increase their income
Price: On sale
Joe Correa also presents this highly-rated course that teaches you a step-by-step approach to prequalify potential borrowers manually or digitally. Mastering the Pre-Qualification Process of a Mortgage Loan includes 3 parts.
The 1st 22 lectures walk you through everything you need to know to complete the process. Next, you get an up-close and personal look at the unique prequalification formula Correa uses and learn more about best practices through 12 lectures. Finally, there are 13 lessons dedicated to practical examples that demonstrate how to prequalify borrowers.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, sign up to get started right away. You’ll get full lifetime access to 1.5 hours of on-demand video lessons and 3 downloadable resources.
U.S. Residential Mortgage Business
9. U.S. Residential Mortgage Business by Udemy
Who it’s for: Individuals who want to learn more about the mortgage industry in the U.S.
Price: On sale
Offered by Starweaver/live, U.S. Residential Mortgage Business covers the many facets of the industry. Instruction is delivered through 28 lectures and 25 downloadable resources.
Here’s how the lessons are categorized:
- U.S. Residential Mortgage Business and Process Fundamentals
- U.S. Residential Mortgage Analysis: Bringing It All Together
- Loan Management, Servicing and Securitization
You’ll walk away knowing how to identify mortgages by type, describe key industry players, explain the appraisal process, discuss property types and more. Plus, you will understand the essentials of loan servicing regulations, title insurance and mortgage loan conditions.
Enroll now to access the course at a price that’s too good to pass up.
Find the Best Mortgage Course for You
Take the first step toward achieving your career goals. Consider a course from our list of recommendations to level up your knowledge in record time. They are led by subject-matter experts, competitively priced and self-paced. Best of all, you can enroll with confidence and test-drive the classes — no strings attached if they don’t quite work for you.
Southern New Hampshire University Online
SNHU Online Offers:
- Flexible schedules
- Affordable tuition
- Online tutoring
- Access to electronic research materials
- Specialized academic advising
- Supportive online community