Investing in real estate can be time-consuming and expensive but you don’t need to invest 6- and 7-figure totals to get your hands on lucrative real estate investments. Instead, you can put down as little as $25,000 through iintoo. Based on iintoo’s historical track record, investors have received quarterly income distributions and enjoy exit returns based on business plan projections.
iintoo’s website provides exceptional details about the investment process and the properties available to clients. iintoo is also a Real Estate Investment Management Company (REIMCO), which means it supports you, the client, first. Only a handful of investable properties are available at any given moment and the 7% initiation fee may be too steep for some potential clients. However, iintoo builds out its network, connects members and provides unique deals that are carefully vetted and monitored.
Who is iintoo for?
Real estate is much more accessible to the public through iintoo but you’ll still need to be an accredited investor to get in. According to the SEC, you need to meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Net worth over $1 million
- Annual income of $200,000 (or $300,000 jointly)
- Be in a partnership, corporation or charitable trust with $5 million in assets
- Have an employee benefit plan with at least $5 million in assets
Don’t meet any of the above criteria? You won’t be able to invest in the real estate opportunities offered by iintoo.
iintoo’s Platform and Tools (4.5 stars)
Signing up for iintoo only takes a few minutes. Once you’re on board, you’ll get access to iintoo’s platform dashboard. Iintoo’s platform is easy to interface with and seamlessly integrates integration investing and building an investor network.
It’s easy to interface with, build an investor network, and seamlessly invest on iintoo’s platform. Here’s a breakdown of the setup:
- My iintoo: This is the home base of operations for your investments. From here, you’ll be able to view new investment opportunities, learn more about the iintoo platform and connect with other like-minded investors.
- Portfolio: The portfolio section showcases all your active investments.
- My Profile: You can edit and update the information you present to other members of the iintoo community.
- Investor Transactions: Keep a list of all transactions made on your iintoo account.
- Settings: This section allows you to adjust communication and privacy preferences.
In the top right-hand corner, more features can be accessed. Those include:
- Investments: You can see all the open, raised and exited real estate deals in the iintoo portfolio.
- Community: Here’s where you build your real estate investor network. You can friend request other community members for back-and-forth interaction or simply click “Follow” to read statuses and updates. Note that friend requests must be approved by both parties — it’s as easy as following your favorite personalities on Twitter.
- Learn: This tab sends you to the iintoo blog, which is full of articles on how to get started in real estate, the opportunities that fit your investment style and the pros and cons of real estate investing networks.
iintoo Research Offerings (4 stars)
You’ll need different research tools for real estate investing compared to what you’d find on a typical stock brokerage account. When you’re investing in real estate, you really don’t need to listen to company earnings calls or get stock chart analysis from technical experts (Barron’s and Morningstar won’t do you much good here).
iintoo’s in-house analysts conduct the due diligence for you—ultimately working together with the sponsor to align business plan projections, and monitoring the investment opportunities throughout the entire project’s lifecycle. You really just need to know about each individual investment opportunity on its own. iintoo provides in-depth commentary and insights into each deal it offers, including these key components:
- Preferred returns: Annual dividend return expected by iintoo investors.
- Profit distribution: How much profit you’re eligible for compared to your equity in the project.
- Sources of capital: How much funding comes from bank loans, sponsors and iintoo equity.
- Financials: How each particular deal is structured, including principal, capital raises and associated project costs.
- Highlights: Potential and benefits of investing in each particular project.
- Property summary: Specs of each building, such as square footage, type of construction, location, floor plan and local business amenities.
- Sponsor details: Insights and info about the firm that sponsors each offering.
- Market summary: Description of the local real estate market.
- Documents: W-8, W-9, and fully executed formation agreements.
iintoo Commission and Fees (3 stars)
iintoo employs a team of real estate professionals to carefully comb through each offering and select only the best of the best — so iintoo’s deals come at a cost.
You can expect to pay iintoo’s initiation costs with each deal, which typically amounts to an estimated 7% of the total investment. All deals are carefully analyzed by expert eyes and the typical 7% initiation fee can sometimes be higher than many of iintoo’s competitors, like CrowdStreet and EquityMultiple. Success fees may also be applied to profits once the deal is exited.
Always review the attached documentation and make sure you clearly understand how profits are distributed and fees are paid out. iintoo offers some great opportunities. You’ll need to determine on your own whether paying up to 7% upfront is feasible.
iintoo’s Security (5 stars)
iintoo network security is top-notch. Your data is protected by 256-bit high-grade encryption and Always On SSL. Also known as HTTPS Everywhere, the Always On SSL ensures that every page you visit on the iintoo network is https-secured. Some sites toggle back and forth between http and https but iintoo provides https protection on every page.
iintoo’s Customer Support (4 stars)
iintoo has a terrific FAQ page and you can submit your own request if you can’t find the answers you’re looking for. Email and phone support are available, but its hours of operation aren’t listed anywhere on its website. New iintoo clients get their own investment advisor, who will contact you to schedule a phone interview quickly after your account becomes active. No live chat is currently available, which knocks iintoo down from 5 to 4 stars in this category.
iintoo’s Ease of Use (4 stars)
iintoo simplifies real estate for novice and experienced investors. Once you’re ready to invest, iintoo can present its thoroughly-vetted properties to new investors. You’ll have a wealth of information about each property at your fingertips and your personal investment advisor is available to answer any questions you have.
Simply sign up for free and provide the necessary documentation to prove your accredited status. Once confirmed, you’ll be able to invest in any of iintoo’s available properties. You can even invest in a tax-advantaged account like an IRA or 401(k). iintoo will also demand constant updates from project sponsors and banks to keep you informed. This kind of active management isn’t offered by most crowdfunding real estate brokers.
Choose iintoo for Real Estate Investment (Overall 4.5 stars)
iintoo provides a variety of heavily researched properties and a unique client experience. Networking with more experienced real estate pros is invaluable if you’re new to the sector. Sign up ahead of time and know that only a few investment opportunities are available at any given time.
In the past, getting involved with real estate required either a tremendous amount of capital or investing in REITs. Now, with iintoo, you don’t have to put too many eggs in too few baskets. Browse iintoo’s offerings and see which real estate offerings match up to your goals.