1 Minute Review
Haven Life allows you to digitally purchase term life insurance. It is backed and wholly owned by Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, a trusted A++ business. You’ll get a user-friendly experience from Haven Life and enjoy MassMutual’s financial strength. Haven Life focuses on personable customer service (it has a rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars) and convenient modern technology.
- Those looking for a digital buying experience
- Relatively healthy individuals with no preexisting conditions
- Individuals under the age of 64
- Simple application process
- Instant decision on coverage. If approved, it can start immediately
- May not need a medical exam
- Competitive rates
- Excellent customer support
- No permanent life plans offered
- Higher rates for preexisting conditions
- No coverage if you’re over 65
Haven Life Insurance Agency (Haven Life) was founded to provide life insurance that’s “actually simple.” Co-founder Yaron Ben-Zvi started Haven Life after it took him months to get his own life insurance. Check out Benzinga’s review of getting term life insurance through Haven Life.
Who’s Haven Life for?
Life insurance protects your family financially when you die. The proceeds from a policy can help pay for your funeral costs or continue to provide for your family. It might pay off a mortgage, provide lost income or pay for kids’ college education. Take a look at Haven Life if you’re a:
- Spouse or partner: if you’re married and share financial responsibilities.
- Parent looking to financially protect your family: if you have children that will be your beneficiary.
- Homeowner: Homeowners often need mortgage insurance, but you can also buy life insurance policies to cover your mortgage debt. This can help you avoid the extra insurance payment on your first home.
Term Life Insurance by Haven Life
Haven Life offers two types of term life insurance policies issued by their parent company MassMutual. . Read through each type so you can be sure you’re getting the best insurance for you.
- Term life insurance: Term life insurance covers you for a set period of time, typically 10, 15, 20 or 30 years. It’s generally one of the simplest and most affordable types of life insurance.
- Medically underwritten term life insurance: This is usually the most affordable type of coverage, and it can be purchased without a medical exam for some qualifying applicants. The medically underwritten Haven Term policy is available in coverage amounts up to $3 million.
- Simplified issue term life insurance: a 100% no medical exam policy that features a short application experience. This type of coverage generally costs more than medically underwritten policies and is limited to coverage amounts of $500,000 or less. If you know you don’t want to take a medical exam, then Haven Term Simplified might be the right choice for you.
Focus on Term Life: Haven Life’s Term Options
Let’s take a closer look at the medically underwritten Haven Term policy — the agency’s most popular option. There are a few criteria to understand before considering a policy:
- Applicants younger than 60 can apply for $3 million in coverage.
- If you’re under 50, you qualify for up to a 30-year term.
- If you’re between 18 and 64, 10-, 15- and 20-year terms are open.
- Applicants between 60 and 64 can apply for $1 million in coverage.
- Applicants applying for up to $1 million may get to skip the medical exam
Discounts and Tips on Getting the Best Rates
Are you a bargain hunter? There are several ways you can save money on life insurance. Please be aware, these are overall tips and do not apply to Haven Life necessarily. For example, you can’t bundle auto and home with Haven Life.
- Quit smoking: The premium difference between a smoker and non-smoker can be more than $50 per month.
- Improve your health: Did you know you can submit new medical exam results? If you are healthier than when you first purchased coverage, you may be able to get a cheaper monthly premium rate.
- Bundle your policies: You can save an average of 16% if you bundle with other policies like homeowners or renters insurance.
- Know your needs: Use a life insurance calculator to understand your coverage needs and keep in mind that your needs may change over time. Continue to seek quotes and shop around. As your life and circumstances change, you may be eligible for a lower premium.
- Professional discounts: You may qualify for discounts if you’re a nurse, teacher or veteran.
Pricing and Value
Haven Life is known for its affordable term life policies. Plans start at just $14.99 a month for a $250,000, 20-year policy if you’re 30 years old in excellent health.
Haven Life also offers Plus, a rider (think: bonus feature) included in Term policies. Haven Life Plus includes access to the following services at no additional policy cost:
- An individual or joint will and unlimited updates from Trust & Will at no cost.
- A yearly in-home fitness subscription from Aaptiv at no cost.
- An unlimited jet lag plan from Timeshifter at no cost.
- A LifeSite Plus document storage subscription for you and up to five family members at no cost.
- A 15 percent discount on any single CVS MinuteClinic service.
A beneficiary can contact Haven Life at 1-855-744-2836 upon the death of a policyholder or they can reach out to MassMutual claims directly. It’s helpful to have personal information available including the policy number, date of death and final death certificate. Haven Life or MassMutual will then send claims forms and documents for the beneficiaries to complete.
Someone close to you must contact Haven Life at 1-855-744-2836 upon your death. It’s helpful to have personal information available including your policy number, date of death and final death certificate. Haven Life will then send claims forms and documents for the beneficiaries to complete.
Is Haven Life Right for You?
You don’t need to wait weeks for news about your life insurance coverage. Haven Life keeps things simple with affordable life insurance plans you can purchase digitally. Make the choice to protect your loved ones financially — get a quote today.