Founded in 2020, Global GT is an international forex and contract for difference (CFD) broker that claims to be a “hybrid broker” because it accepts 3 cryptocurrencies, as well as 3 fiat currencies for deposits and withdrawals. The company has its base in Umhlanga, Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa and has verified oversight from the Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA) under FSCA FSP Number 48896. Global GT lets clients trade forex pairs, metals, indices, energies, stocks, cryptos, synthetic cryptos and its own exclusive GTi12 Index. The online broker exclusively supports the MetaTrader 5 (MT5) trading platform and does not accept clients from the U.S., Canada, the EU countries, Iran, North Korea and Belize.
- Forex and CFD traders
- Cryptocurrency traders
- MT5 traders
- Traders seeking a hybrid trading broker
- Leverage up to 1,000:1 available
- Exclusive cryptocurrency trading instruments
- Deposits/withdrawals in crypto or fiat currencies
- Free demo account
- $5 minimum deposit
- Negative balance protection
- No clients from the U.S., Canada or EU countries
- Only overseen by the FSCA
- Minimal educational materials for novice traders
Global GT Ratings at a Glance
Global GT lets clients trade in a wide range of forex currency pairs, as well as energy products, precious metals, equity indices and stocks via CFDs. In addition, the broker offers its own GTi12 cryptocurrency index and synthetic crypto pairs that combine traditional tradable assets such as forex currencies or a CFD index with a cryptocurrency. Listed below are the different tradable assets available through GT:
- Forex: For forex trading, Global GT provides trading in 48 different major, minor and exotic currency pairs. The maximum leverage ratio available is either 1,000:1 or 500:1, depending on the currency pair, although you can’t trade some of the more exotic currency pairs in a Cent account.
- Cryptocurrencies: Global GT lets clients make deposits and withdrawals in select cryptocurrencies, as well as trade cryptocurrency CFDs against the U.S. dollar using a leverage ratio of up to 1,000:1. The available cryptos include Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Ethereum (ETH), Ripple (XRP), Litecoin (LTE), Stellar (XLM), Polkadot (DOT) and Cardano (ADA).
- Precious Metals: Global GT offers trading in gold and silver using a leverage ratio of up to 200:1, and you can trade these metals up to a volume limit of 1,000 contracts.
- Energies: U.S. and U.K. crude oils and natural gas CFDs can be traded versus the U.S. dollar through Global GT. The maximum leverage ratio for these contracts is 100:1.
- Equity Indices: Global GT lets clients trade 6 major world stock indices with leverage up to 100:1, including the S&P 500, the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA), the U.K.’s FTSE 100, Japan’s Nikkei 225 and Germany’s DAX 30. The maximum leverage ratio for indices is 100:1 with a minimum volume of 0.01 to 20 contracts. Index contracts are minis, which means they’re 1/5 the size of a standard index contract.
- Stocks: Global GT offers trading in 30 of the world’s largest and best-known stocks, including AliBaba Group Holdings (NYSE: BABA), Apple Inc. (NASDAQ: AAPL), Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT), Amazon.com Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN), Facebook Inc. (NASDAQ: FB) and Alphabet Inc. (NASDAQ: GOOG). Contracts are for 100 shares with a leverage ratio of up to 50:1, and the broker has a $1 million limit on such trades.
- The GTi12 Index: Created by a team of technical experts at Global GT, the GTi12 Index is composed of 12 cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Ripple (XRP), Litecoin (LTC), Bitcoin Cash Node (BCH), Bitcoin Cash (BSV), Stellar (XLM), Eos (EOS), Polkadot (DOT), Binance Coin (BNB), Tron (TRX) and Cardano (ADA).
- Synthetic Crypto Pairs: Synthetic crypto pairs are the creation of Global GT and offer a unique way of trading in the crypto market. The broker has created an amalgamation of asset classes that combines a traditional fiat currency or asset with a cryptocurrency. These combined instruments can be leveraged up to 1,000:1 and give crypto traders more assets to operate in.
Cent accounts are only available for forex trading, and each type of contract has different margin and minimum deposit, swap and position limit requirements. For more information, visit the broker’s website. Also, Cent, Mini and Standard accounts are subject to 50% margin call and 20% stop-out levels, while electronic communications network (ECN) accounts are subject to 70% margin call and 40% stop-out levels for forex trades. For all other tradable assets, Mini and Standard accounts are subject to 50% margin call and 20% stop-out levels.
Global GT customer service gives clients access 24/7 via live chat and email. According to its website, the broker offers multilingual support to clients for opening an account, making deposits/withdrawals and discussing trading-related matters. Even though the broker’s website does not list a direct phone contact number, the live chat feature is available at all times on GT’s website and was responsive when tested. Furthermore, you can fill out an email form with your query or contact the broker through its mailing address, which is listed on its website.
In addition to offering a free demo account, GT lets you fund and open an account for just $5. The broker has no deposit or withdrawal fees and offers up to a 1,000:1 dynamic leverage ratio for currency pairs and other products. Pricing for the broker’s services appears below by asset class:
- Forex: Despite its home page touting dealing spreads as low as 0 pips, a review of the information Global GT published on its website shows minimum dealing spreads of 16 units for EUR/USD in the Standard account, 17 in the Mini account and 19 in the Cent account, although it was not clear if those spread units are expressed in pips or some other measure. The ECN account offers the tightest dealing spreads with 3 units listed for EUR/USD, but a per trade commission of $10 is charged for all currency pairs on top of the dealing spread.
- Cryptocurrencies: The main cryptocurrencies offered by GT (BTC, LTC, ETH and XRP) have variable minimum dealing spreads. Holding positions in cryptocurrencies carries a swap charge every 4 hours at this broker.
- Synthetic Crypto Pairs: These pairs have a cryptocurrency like BTC quoted against precious metals, stocks or indices. They have variable dealing spreads.
- Precious Metals: Spot gold and silver quoted against the U.S. dollar have a minimum dealing spread of 35 units.
- Energies: Spot U.S. and U.K. crude oil and natural gas is quoted versus the U.S. dollar, and dealing spreads vary according to the contract involved.
- Indices: Stock indices have minimum dealing spreads that depend on the index involved.
- GTi12 Index: Trading costs for the broker’s proprietary GTi12 index arise from real-time quotes for the 12 cryptocurrency assets priced through the company’s Liquidity Aggregation Engine. The algorithm determines the bid and offer price of the index’s buy and sell value. You can contact the broker for a quote on the index.
- Stocks: Major stock CFD contracts have variable minimum dealing spreads depending on the stock.
Because Global GT only offers support for the MT5 trading platform, you can use the excellent MT5 mobile application and web-based platforms with your trading account at this broker.
Some benefits of trading through GT IO Markets (Global GT) include:
- Access 4 account types include Cent, Standard, Mini and ECN.
- Deposit and withdraw from/to your e-wallets in fiat or cryptocurrencies with no transaction fees.
- Exclusive instruments offered by Global GT include their own GTi12 Index and unique synthetic crypto pairs.
- Segregated accounts for clients are maintained for safety purposes. The broker cannot use your funds for its operations, costs or activities.
- Data security using advanced encryption technology and firewalls helps ensure your personal data is protected from unauthorized 3rd-party access.
- The broker establishes relations with high-end liquidity providers to ensure the most competitive price feeds and offer clients “liquidity aggregation.”
- Clients get negative balance protection to ensure that only their margin deposit can be lost so their balance cannot fall into a deficit.
- According to its website, GT and its clients are insured for up to €1,000,000 in liability insurance, although a copy of the policy was not linked on its website.
- A welcome bonus of 60% on your initial deposit and an ongoing 30% loyalty bonus are offered to Cent, Mini and Standard account holders. The welcome bonus has a limit of $600, while the loyalty bonus can be as high as $6,000.
Global GT exclusively supports the excellent MT5 trading platform for online trading, as well as the mobile and web versions of the platform. As a result, the user experience given the intuitive features of this advanced trading software is among the broker’s best features. The platform’s advanced graphics, in-depth technical analysis tools, automation capabilities and ability to use 3rd expert advisor (EA) software make MT5 a great choice for traders regardless of the broker.
Unless you want to use 1,000:1 leverage or trade the broker’s proprietary GTi12 index and its synthetic crypto pairs, the broker does not present many advantages over other better-established forex and CFD brokers. GT’s dealing spreads were not expressed in units that could be readily compared to other brokers in most of the asset classes listed. When it comes to oversight, the broker and its parent company only submit to regulation in 2 minor jurisdictions, while many well-established online brokers are overseen by stricter regulatory agencies like the U.K.’s Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
Despite a professional-looking website, support for MT5 and some interesting proprietary trading assets, this broker’s relatively weak regulatory environment could turn off experienced traders with a substantial amount of money to deposit as margin. Also, the notable lack of significant educational materials for new traders makes this broker more suitable for those who already know how to trade.
Global GT presents some red flags that suggest more conservative and better-funded traders of conventional asset classes might wish to look elsewhere for greater security. Novice traders looking for educational materials might also be disappointed. On the other hand, crypto traders might appreciate this broker’s support for unusual synthetic crypto pairs. Basically, if you can tolerate GT IO’s relative regulatory risk and want to use high leverage ratios of up to 1,000:1 and MT5 with a small deposit minimum of only $5 and get negative balance protection, then this broker may suit you just fine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Global GT excludes clients from the U.S., the U.K., the EU, Iran, North Korea and Belize. The broker is otherwise legal to trade through in most jurisdictions.
Global GT and has oversight from the South African FSCA under FSCA FSP Number 48896. The online broker’s parent company 360 Degrees Markets Ltd is regulated by the Seychelles Financial Services Authority under registration number 8421720-1. 360 Degrees Markets Ltd also operates the FXGT broker website and brand.