Who’s GEICO Motorcycle Insurance for?
Whether you own a cruiser or a crotch rocket, ride all the time or just on weekends, GEICO motorcycle insurance has a policy for you.
GEICO is known for offering affordable motorcycle insurance policies and tends to beat out other motorcycle insurance companies on price. It also offers a wide variety of motorcycle insurance discounts that help your rate become even more affordable.
For example, you’ll get an automatic 10% discount for switching from your carrier. You’ll also save as much money by renewing your policy as you would for a loyalty discount. You can also pay premiums with an installment payment option — it’s more budget-friendly if you don’t want to or can’t pay a single annual payment.
See Other Motorcycle Insurance Providers
Tip: compare 2-3 companies
GEICO Motorcycle Insurance Policy Types
GEICO isn’t just an auto insurance company. It offers an immense array of almost every type of insurance available. Here are some of GEICO motorcycle insurance policy types:
- Accessories coverage: You may buy comprehensive or collision coverage as part of your policy so your accessories are protected. These include non-stock sidecar, trike conversion kit, seats and saddlebags, electronic equipment and more.
- Helmet coverage: Your collision coverage offers protection for your helmet.
- Emergency roadside service: GEICO will pay for a tow if you’re stuck on the side of the road, fix a flat or deliver gas to you.
GEICO Motorcycle Insurance Policy Options
Your motorcycle insurance policy will offer similar options to your auto insurance policy. In addition to liability and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, GEICO offers these motorcycle insurance policy options:
- Collision coverage pays for damage to your motorcycle after you meet your deductible. The deductible is the amount you choose when you start your policy and that amount is taken from your claim check.
- Comprehensive coverage covers your motorcycle if it’s damaged by anything other than a collision or if it’s stolen. Comprehensive coverage also includes damage if you hit an animal.
- Medical payments coverage takes care of medical bills if you or your passenger are injured in an accident. However, this coverage will not pay for lost wages or other costs, but it’s helpful if you don’t have health insurance or enough health insurance coverage.
- Personal injury protection pays medical bills for you, your passenger or pedestrians who sustain injuries in an accident. It doesn’t matter who is at fault. Insurance companies typically offer add-on options, although some may offer 1 or more as part of its standard policy. Deductibles apply, and some states have limits on this type of coverage.
- Trip interruption coverage pays for your transportation, lodging and food when you’re away from home and something goes wrong.
- Custom parts, equipment and accessories are covered with comprehensive and collision policy options. The amount can vary, but typically it’s up to $3,000. You can buy additional coverage to pay for any damage to your chrome parts and customization you’ve added to your bike.
Available Discounts and Tips on Getting the Best Rates
You may get excited when you learn how much you can save with a GEICO motorcycle insurance policy. But wait! There’s more. GEICO offers an astonishing list of discounts. Here are a few examples of how you can get an even better rate with GEICO:
- Anti-lock brakes will save you 5% off your policy.
- Anti-theft systems will get you up to a 25% policy discount.
- Daytime running lights will save you 1%.
- New vehicles on your GEICO policy can save you up to 15%.
- Seat belt use can save you up to 15% off of your medical or personal injury protection coverage.
- Federal employees can save you up to 8% off your policy.
- Military discounts can get you a 15% discount for serving in the armed forces.
- Multiple vehicles can save you up to 25% when you insure them with GEICO.
- Multi-policy discounts are available when you have more than 1 GEICO policy to protect your home, business, RV, boat or another type of policy.
- Teach or take a safety course. You can save money by taking a motorcycle safety course. If you teach a safety course, you can save up to 20%.
- Transfer discounts can save you 10% when you switch your motorcycle insurance from another carrier.
- Mature riders can score an added 10% discount. Older riders are considered less risky than younger riders.
GEICO customer service agents are ready whenever you are anytime around the clock. You can reach them by telephone or email through the company’s website:
- Visit geico.com to contact a representative.
- Call 800-841-2964.
It’s important for you to file a claim as soon as possible after an accident. Your accident may need to be investigated, so it’s critical to start the process while everyone’s memory is fresh. You can file your claim around the clock in as little as 5 minutes:
- Use the GEICO mobile app.
- Visit the GEICO website at http://geico.com/claims.
- Call a GEICO agent at 800-841-3000.
Pricing and Value
GEICO is known for its affordable policies. The average for a 1-year GEICO motorcycle insurance policy quote is $357.80. Cost depends on a number of factors such as where you live, your age, credit score, driving record and accident history.
Customer reviews are mixed — more than a few customers complained that GEICO was slow to address their claims but GEICO’s overall rating is high because it serves millions of customers.
A.M. Best rated GEICO A++ (a superior rating) which means it’s financially sound and can pay all its claims.
How to Go with GEICO
It’s easy to get a quote from GEICO and start your policy online. However, if you prefer working with an agent, you can find one by using the agent locator on the GEICO website.