Benzinga readers love eToro as the best forex broker in France.
If you’re a French investor and you want to find the best forex broker in France that services clients, you’ll find some solid opportunities in the country. But when trading forex anywhere, It’s imperative to ensure the safety of your funds and determine whether they can satisfy your trading requirements before you fund an account with a specific broker. That said, keep reading to learn about the best forex brokers in France and how you can work with them.
6 Best Forex Brokers in France
As part of the European Union, French forex traders have plenty of choices in choosing a platform for trading forex. The five best brokers for forex trading in France are all tier-1 regulated and offer clients desktop and mobile trading platforms with French language options. Most operate on the popular MetaTrader4 or 5 platforms along with their proprietary software.
1. Best for Traders of all Experience Levels: eToro
- securely through eToro Forex's websiteBest For:Demo Accounts
CFD trading is not available to U.S. users. 74% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
eToro is a leading forex broker based in France that has become increasingly popular with both beginner and expert traders. The company was founded in 2006 and has since grown to become one of the largest social trading platforms available, offering its users access to over 1,000 financial markets, including Forex, stocks, commodities, indices, and ETFs. eToro also caters specifically to French clients, offering services in the French language and providing customer support for all of their traders.
The platform offers a variety of tools to help its users get started trading quickly and easily. Its platform is intuitive and user-friendly, making it suitable for even novice traders. eToro also boasts an array of features such as copy trading, automated trading, social trading, and more that allow users to take advantage of the markets without having to do all of the work themselves.
- 40+ currency pairs
- Demo account available
- Low trading costs
- No commissions on trades
- Competitive spreads on forex pairs
- Limited customer service
2. Best for Global Forex Trading on MetaTrader5: Eightcap
Melbourne-based Eightcap forex is an award-winning forex trading platform operating off the MetaTrader4 and MetaTrader5 platforms. Users can trade in more than 1,000 financial instruments across several asset classes.
Two account types, Standard and Raw, allow traders to choose between a wider forex spread or commission per trade combined with a lower spread. Users have access to Capitalise.ai for automating and backtesting trading strategies. Eightcap also provides plenty of educational material for those new to trading forex.
- More than 1,000 financial instruments
- Easy to use MetaTrader4 and MetaTrader5 platforms
- Access to Capitalise.ai for automation and analytic tools
- Multilingual customer service
- Not available in the U.S.
- Not for exotic currency pair traders, as Eightcap has just one exotic currency pair
3. Best for Non US Forex Trading: AvaTrade
AvaTrade is a broker with a large reach from Europe and South Africa to the Middle East, Australia, the Caribbean, Japan and much more. You can easily trade CFDs based on several assets like stocks, forex, indices, crypto, and much more.
AvaTrade is unique in that it works best for both beginners and advanced traders who want to volume trade. You can get service in 20 languages, and you will have more than enough variety to keep your portfolio both up-to-date and profitable.
- Services in 20 languages broadens the scope of the platform
- It’s easy to diversify with the number of assets featured for French traders
- Remember that it can be risky to invest in CFDs, and French traders should do their research before buying in
4. Best for Educational Resources: FOREX.com
- securely through Forex.com's websiteBest For:Forex Trading
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 72% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
FOREX.com is a secure platform regulated under four tier-1 authorities. The company offers easy entry into forex trading with a minimum deposit of just $100. Use the platform to trade in forex, spot metals, futures and options, but if you’re looking to trade in stocks and shares, FOREX.com is not for you.
Users have two account options and Direct Market Access (DMA). An Active Trader program offers rebates and personalized professional support. The educational resources start with basic forex concepts, through advanced advice for trading forex and include live webinars.
- Access more than 80 currencies
- Demo account available
- MT5 & MT4 broker
- Choose from 90 indicators for a thorough performance analysis
- An impressive array of training and educational materials
- A customizable proprietary platform and MetaTrader5
- Low spreads, commission-free on Standard accounts
- Doesn’t support trade in stocks and shares
5. Best for International Stocks and Funds: Interactive Brokers
Multi-award-winning trading company, Interactive Brokers, offers traders an all-inclusive trading experience. Users can access a broad range of assets, including trading forex, options, futures and fund trading in 33 countries at affordable rates.
The Interactive Brokers software migrates seamlessly from laptop to smartphone, but it is geared more toward experienced traders. You need no minimum balance to open an Interactive Brokers account. Traders can choose between the Lite and Pro accounts and more than 100 different order types, including algorithmic trading.
- Free access to a wide range of assets
- Affordable rates
- A responsive mobile platform
- Professional tools for licensed advisors
- Zero minimum account balance
- Low forex spreads
- Beginners may find the platform confusing
6. Best for Eco-Friendly Trading: CedarFX
CedarFX offers users a wide range of tradable assets, including forex, stocks, cryptocurrencies, futures and metals. Traders use MetaTrader4 for research and trade and choose from a 0% commission account or an Eco account. CedarFX charges $1 per trade on the Eco account. This amount is doubled and paid over to Ecologi to plant trees.
CedarFX educational resources aren’t as expansive as some of the competing products. However, a free demo option helps new traders practice their skills before committing their funds.
- A wide choice of tradable assets
- Quick and easy registration procedure
- MetaTrader4 platform
- 100 trees planted for each traded lot in an Eco account
- 24/7 customer service
- Educational resources not as good as competitors
Understanding Forex Trading in France
As part of the European Union, French traders may trade on any trading platforms authorized by EU member states that have the authorization of the French Financial authority Autorité Des Marchés Financiers (AMF).
The AMF is one of Europe’s most conservative financial authorities, aiming to guide traders away from high-risk investments. Here are some of the restrictions on forex trading in France:
- Guaranteed stop losses: All forex brokers in France must provide guaranteed stop losses.
- Negative balance protection: They must also offer negative balance protection, though it doesn’t apply to professional trading accounts.
- Leverage cap: The AMF puts a cap on leverage with a 20:1 limit on minor currencies and a 30:1 limit on major currency trades.
- Margin restrictions: FX brokers must close a trader’s open position when the margin drops below the 50% threshold.
Brokers that breach any of these regulations are blacklisted and their websites are blocked.
Trade Forex in France
The best forex brokers are those that can help you to meet your long-term financial plans. Forex trading is a well-developed industry, so you should find a broker that you can trust to keep your money safe and secure.
You need easy access to forex markets wherever you are. An interactive, user-friendly trading platform is your gateway to the world of forex trading. Keep an eye out for excessive trading costs as these can quickly erode profits made. Forex France, like other trading platforms, revolves around common-sense precautions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you trade forex in France?
Forex trading is very popular in France and any EU-accredited broker can do business in France.
Is France good for international trade?
France is a good country for international trade because it is a member of the European Union, has a well-developed infrastructure and is a major hub for international finance.
Can I trust a forex broker?
Do your research before entrusting your money to a broker. You can trust a reputable forex broker that is licensed and subject to financial regulations.
Get a Forex Pro on Your Side
FOREX.com, registered with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), lets you trade a wide range of forex markets plus spot metals with low pricing and fast, quality execution on every trade.
You can also tap into:
- EUR/USD as low as 0.2 with fixed $5 commissions per 100,000
- Powerful, purpose-built currency trading platforms
- Monthly cash rebates of up to $9 per million dollars traded with FOREX.com’s Active Trader Program
Learn more about FOREX.com’s low pricing and how you can get started trading with FOREX.com.