Looking for educational games for your little ones? Whether you want to keep them busy while you work from home or find other resources to stimulate their mind outside of basic worksheets, there are many options from Amazon worth considering.
But how do you know which are worth the money and deliver on their promises? Benzinga analyzed several options to compile our list of highly rated educational games that are a good investment.
Quick Look: Best Educational Games
Below is a sneak peek at Benzinga’s top picks:
- My Feelings Game by Sensational Learners
- The Ladybug Game by Zobmondo
- Melissa and Doug Abacus by Melissa and Doug
- Sum Swamp Game by Learning Resources
- The Learning Journey: Match It! – 3 Letter Words by the Learning Journey Store
- MathShark Electronic Math Game by Educational Insights
- The Learning Journey: Match It! Memory – Alphabet – Capital and Lowercase Letter Matching Game by The Learning Journey Store
- Smart Globe Explorer AR Educational World Geography Kids by Oregon Scientific
- Brain Games (6-99 Years) by Skillmatics
Our Top Picks
We’ve researched thousands of options to bring you this list of the best educational games from Amazon. There’s also description and pricing information for each course to help you identify the perfect fit for your little one.
Best Educational Games
Here are the best educational games from Amazon.
1. My Feelings Game by Sensational Learners
Who’s it for: All ages
My Feelings Game is a fun-filled option for the entire family. Endorsed by accomplished clinicians and educators, this game features 280 scenarios to help children become more acclimated with and discuss their feelings. It also includes 260 regulation strategies to help children more effectively manage their emotions and 24 movement cards to boost engagement. An illustrated booklet also outlines 7 sample characters with various feelings.
2. The Ladybug Game by Zobmondo
Who’s it for: Ages 3 and up
Ideal for young boys and girls at least 3 years of age, The Ladybug Game provides an exciting board game experience. Your child will help ladybugs stay safe while finding their way home to the Rose Garden. They will have to collect aphids and steer clear of the praying mantis. It takes 20 minutes to complete a full game, and 2 to 4 players can participate. You should also know that the game was invented by a 1st grader and was dubbed by The Parents’ Choice Foundation as a “colorful and lively little board game for beginner game players.”
3. Melissa and Doug Abacus by Melissa and Doug
Who’s it for: Ages 3 to 5
Price: From $30.99
This abacus learning from Melissa and Doug toy is the perfect gift for children between 3 and 5 years old. It features 100 bright-colored beads to help little ones master counting. Plus, the toy is durable — it’s constructed from a hardwood base and frame that uses thick-coated wires to hold the beads intact.
4. Sum Swamp Game by Learning Resources
Who’s it for: Ages 5 and up
The Sum Swamp Game is an 8-piece game that’s most suitable for learners aged 5 and older. It helps encourage learning and boost early math fluency through fun drills. Your child can also journey through the swamp on the game board by completing math challenges. Included in the package is a gameboard, 4 swamp creature game pieces, 2 number dice and an operation die.
5. The Learning Journey: Match It! – 3 Letter Words by the Learning Journey Store
Who’s it for: Ages 4 and up
The Learning Journey: Match It! – 3 Letter Words is designed for young learners who will be entering school soon. It won the Preferred Choice Award from Creative Child Magazine and consists of 20 3-piece puzzles that are both bright and captivating. Your child will be eager to learn and can play independently to put the puzzles together. Kids can also improve their motor skills, boost their concentration skills, build focus and learn simultaneously. Words included on the puzzle will prepare your child to read because the cards show a combination of both sight words and CVC (consonant, vowel, consonant) words.
6. MathShark Electronic Math Game by Educational Insights
Who’s it for: Ages 6 and up
MathShark Electronic Math Game is a handheld device for children 6 years or older. Your sharp learner can become a math whiz and master additional, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals and percentages. The device is easy to use and kids can answer the questions by inputting responses using the keypad. Your enthusiastic learner can get real-time results and also select problems from 8 different skill levels, participate in timed games or convert the device into a full-function calculator. It requires 2 AA batteries to function.
7. The Learning Journey: Match It! Memory – Alphabet – Capital and Lowercase Letter Matching Game by the Learning Journey Store
Who’s it for: Children who are learning to read
Another exceptional educational offering from the Learning Journey Store, this game features 26 matching cards that will help your child develop early reading skills, boost their memory skills and improve focus. The Learning Journey: Match It! Memory – Alphabet – Capital and Lowercase Letter Matching Game is a good fit for children learning to read. They will gain the confidence to complete literacy tasks with ease as they master the cards.
8. Smart Globe Explorer AR Educational World Geography Kids by Oregon Scientific
Who’s it for: Children of all ages
Oregon Scientific offers this dynamic smart globe that can be enjoyed by children of all ages. It includes a host of cool features, like:
- An AR Augmented Reality smart device app to bring the globe to life and highlight dinosaurs, animals and famous landmarks
- Over 20,000 fun facts, 42 games and an assortment of quizzes
- A wireless Bluetooth touch pen you can use as a headphone jack, speaker or memory device
You can also change the globe's language from English to French, Italian, Spanish or Russian.
9. Brain Games (6-99 Years) by Skillmatics
Who’s it for: Ages 6 and up
Have loads of fun with family and friends through this exciting game from Skillmatics. It includes 6 double-sided activity mats that can be used repeatedly to complete activities that build core skills. The activities focus on communication, concentration, problem-solving, strategizing and observation with the ultimate goal of helping your young learner think outside of the box.
Find the Perfect Educational Game for Your Young Learner
Educational games from Amazon help make learning fun for children of all ages. Even better, the activities keep your children entertained while boosting the core skills they will need to succeed in the classroom.
Southern New Hampshire University Online
SNHU Online Offers:
- Flexible schedules
- Affordable tuition
- Online tutoring
- Access to electronic research materials
- Specialized academic advising
- Supportive online community