CBD is a substance that helps many people, and one of the best ways to access the oil is by using CBD vape pens. But when choosing a CBD vape pen, you have to be smart in your choices to ensure that you get a pen that meets FDA requirements. The vape pen that you choose should have no lawsuits against them, and the manufacturer should use third parties to test and publish the results of their products.
Benzinga has researched the best CBD vape pens and provides a list below of all the information you need to make the right choice for you.
The Best CBD Vape Pens
When looking for the best CBD vape pens, you will have to consider a few things. Are you a beginner, or do you already know the flavors and style of pens that you like? Do you prefer disposable pens or pens that you can use time and time again? What is your budget? All of these are important factors to consider, and Benzinga breaks down the facts for all of the highly-rated CBD vape pens below.
CBDfx has been in business since 2014 and is known for using only organic hemp that is only grown in the U.S. The manufacturer uses CO2 extraction, which ensures that the CBD oil is pure and free of contaminants and residual solvents. The CBD pen is easy to carry and use discreetly, making it a great choice for those who want to use their pen without attracting a lot of attention. You can choose from four flavors with this pen: Fresh Mint, Strawberry Lemon, Blue Raspberry and Tropic Breeze. Each flavor has 500mg of broad-spectrum CBD. You can also purchase a full-spectrum pen that provides 2,000 mg of CBD concentrate. This choice gives you 75 mg of Delta-9 THC, which is legal.
- Compact and lightweight
- Full-spectrum and broad-spectrum cartridges
- Well-designed, durable pen
- Only one CBD vape pen cartridge
- Excess Possibility for excess air in the coil of the pen
- Low-quality magnetic adapter
2. Secret Nature CBD
Secret Nature is an artesian CBD manufacturer that makes vape pens that use all-natural CBD permeated with terpenes. The terpenes in the pen make the CBD oil fast-acting. Combine that with the fact that these CBD vape pens are full-spectrum, and that makes this one of the best CBD vape pens on the market. You will find a USB charging port on each disposable pen. The pen is lightweight and sleek, and the flavors are smooth. You can choose from flavors such as Grape Ape, Forbidden Fruit and Lemon Diesel. In all, the manufacturer offers 12 flavors.
- Choice of 12 smooth flavors
- Lightweight and comfortable to carry
- USB charging port
- Safety concern because part of the pen is glass
- Full-spectrum CBD oil only
3. Funky Farms CBD Extracts
If you’re looking for a broad-spectrum CBD vape pen that is easy to use and convenient, this could be your pen. The vape pen comes fully charged, and the cartridges are loaded with 300 mg of broad-spectrum CBD that is infused with terpenes. The CBD is produced in small batches to ensure that it is consistent. The oil is also crystal resistant, and it only uses all-natural terpenes and concentrated hemp. The manufacturer claims that it is the cleanest possible CBD product. The pen is rechargeable, so you will be able to access every last drop of the oil. You will find ten flavors with Funky Farms CBD vape pen, including Granddaddy Purple, Sour Space Candy and Fire OG.
- Many flavors to choose from
- Fully-charged battery included
- Small-batch CBD to ensure consistency
- Poor wattage control
- The pen doesn’t have an adjustable airflow mechanism
- Some vape users get a mild throat hit
4. Savage CBD
Savage CBD manufactures full-spectrum CBD pens that are well known for their rapid onset after dosing. After using the vape pen, you will only have to wait 10 to 15 minutes for it to take effect, and it lasts 2 to 4 hours. The vape pen contains 250 mg of full-spectrum CBD. Savage offers six flavors, including Apple Kush, Mango Citrus, and Maui Wowie.
- Affordable price
- Tested for consistency
- Hemp-derived and all-natural
- Smaller than competitors
If you’re looking for an upscale CBD vape pen with a variety of cartridges that you can attach, JustCBD is a new kid on the block that shows some promise. Its pens are pencil thin and are the same size and shape as a pen. That makes it easy to discretely carry them in a pocket or bag. The pen comes with a pre-charged battery and in four colors to choose from: rose gold, gold, black and blue. The cartridges are purchased separately and come in flavors such as Vanilla Custard Cream, Sour Diesel Sativa and Pineapple Express. There are seven flavors to choose from.
- Perfect size for carrying the vape pen with you
- Can attach various strengths of CBD vape to the pen
- Comes with a pre-charged battery
- New brand
- Must purchase the CBD oil and pen separately
How to Use a CBD Vape Pen
The way you use a CBD vape pen depends on whether you have a disposable or a refillable pen. Here are the ways to use both.
Here’s how to use a disposable vape pen:
- Take the pen out of the box and determine whether or not it needs to be charged before using it. If so, it typically takes about three hours to charge.
- If the pen needs to be charged, charge it and then use it once it’s charged. If not, the pen is ready to use and you can start vaping.
- Vape carefully. You can draw long breaths from the pen, but you should not take several puffs in short order. A CBD pen is meant to be savored over time, improving the efficacy of the CBD and extending the life of the pen.
- Once you’ve used all of the CBD oil in the vape pen, you can throw it away. If you don’t use all of the oil before the charge runs out; recharge it so you can use all of the CBD oil.
Here’s how to use a refillable vape pen:
- Make sure you purchase CBD oil that is specially created for vaping.
- Fill the chamber of your vape pen with the oil.
- Drop some of the CBD juice on the coil head to avoid a burnt hit.
- Replace the mouthpiece and press the button to start heating the oil.
- Set the temperature to the right setting. Ideally, 365° F to 428° F is best for vaping.
- Set the voltage at the lowest setting to start and gradually go up. The perfect setting for vaping is 3.3 to 3.8 volts.
- Start vaping.
Here’s how to refill a vape pen:
Step 1: Remove the cap from the pen.
Step 2: Unscrew the tank or chamber.
Step 3: Fill the tank or chamber with CBD oil.
Step 4: Replace the tank or chamber.
Step 5: Replace the cap.
Advantages of Using a CBD Pen
CBD vape pens offer advantages over traditional smoking. Here are a few you should know about.
No smoke: Vape pens offer the same therapeutic health benefits that smoking does without all of the negative effects, as long as you use the pen correctly.
Social ease: People who vape tend to do better in social situations because so many people do not like to be around second-hand smoke.
Instant effect: When using vape pens instead of smoking, you will feel the effects almost immediately and that will prevent you from dosing too much.
Longevity: A CBD pen lasts much longer than other CBD products. It can stay in your pocket all day, and it can be used for several days or weeks until it’s empty. Plus, it’s much easier to use than carrying around softgels or tinctures.
Reuse the CBD: When you vape instead of smoke, you can reuse the CBD for subsequent doses since the vape pen does not burn the CBD.
How to Use a CBD Pen Safely
When using a CBD vape pen, you should take some common-sense precautions to ensure that you stay healthy and safe. Here are a few important safety tips:
Clear it medically: Speak with your doctor before using a CBD vape pen to ensure that it’s safe for you.
Manage doses: Ask your doctor what the proper amount of dose is for you and be sure to monitor your doses.
Minimize additives: When purchasing CBD oil, be sure to look for one that does not have additives.
Avoid oil combustion: Keep your vaping temperature at the lowest possible level to avoid combusting the oil.
Use trusted providers: Purchase the CBD oil from the manufacturer’s website or a trusted store to avoid knock-offs that may not be safe.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do CBD pens do to you?
Vape pens cannot get you high because of the small amount of THC in the vape juice. CBD oil in vape juice is derived from hemp. Many people who use CBD vape pens do it because of the calming effect that it has on the mind, which can reduce stress and anxiety. In addition to calming the mind, vape pens can also relieve chronic pain and mental disturbances.
Will vaping CBD show up in a drug test?
No vape pen manufacturer guarantees that you will pass a drug test. CDB contains small traces of THC, which is in marijuana. Depending on the vape pen you use, the trace amounts could add up to enough that it shows up in a drug test.