A whale with a lot of money to spend has taken a noticeably bearish stance on Amazon.com.
Looking at options history for Amazon.com AMZN we detected 14 strange trades.
If we consider the specifics of each trade, it is accurate to state that 21% of the investors opened trades with bullish expectations and 78% with bearish.
From the overall spotted trades, 7 are puts, for a total amount of $600,525 and 7, calls, for a total amount of $470,681.
What's The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $96.0 to $180.0 for Amazon.com over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
In terms of liquidity and interest, the mean open interest for Amazon.com options trades today is 16380.09 with a total volume of 4,852.00.
In the following chart, we are able to follow the development of volume and open interest of call and put options for Amazon.com's big money trades within a strike price range of $96.0 to $180.0 over the last 30 days.
Amazon.com Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is Amazon.com Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 1,578,676, the price of AMZN is up 0.75% at $98.87.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock may be approaching overbought.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 31 days.
What The Experts Say On Amazon.com:
- Needham downgraded its action to Buy with a price target of $120
- JMP Securities downgraded its action to Market Outperform with a price target of $140
- JP Morgan has decided to maintain their Overweight rating on Amazon.com, which currently sits at a price target of $135.
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for Amazon.com, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.