A whale with a lot of money to spend has taken a noticeably bearish stance on NVIDIA.
Looking at options history for NVIDIA NVDA we detected 45 strange trades.
If we consider the specifics of each trade, it is accurate to state that 40% of the investors opened trades with bullish expectations and 60% with bearish.
From the overall spotted trades, 25 are puts, for a total amount of $1,276,400 and 20, calls, for a total amount of $1,578,639.
What's The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $185.0 to $360.0 for NVIDIA over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
In terms of liquidity and interest, the mean open interest for NVIDIA options trades today is 4783.4 with a total volume of 113,711.00.
In the following chart, we are able to follow the development of volume and open interest of call and put options for NVIDIA's big money trades within a strike price range of $185.0 to $360.0 over the last 30 days.
NVIDIA Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is NVIDIA Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 12,589,736, the price of NVDA is down -1.75% at $267.16.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock may be approaching overbought.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 61 days.
What The Experts Say On NVIDIA:
- TD Cowen has decided to maintain their Outperform rating on NVIDIA, which currently sits at a price target of $300.
- Wells Fargo has decided to maintain their Overweight rating on NVIDIA, which currently sits at a price target of $275.
- Exane BNP Paribas upgraded its action to Neutral with a price target of $230
- Deutsche Bank has decided to maintain their Hold rating on NVIDIA, which currently sits at a price target of $200.
- B of A Securities has decided to maintain their Buy rating on NVIDIA, which currently sits at a price target of $275.
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for NVIDIA, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.