A whale with a lot of money to spend has taken a noticeably bearish stance on Dollar Tree.
Looking at options history for Dollar Tree DLTR we detected 10 strange trades.
If we consider the specifics of each trade, it is accurate to state that 30% of the investors opened trades with bullish expectations and 70% with bearish.
From the overall spotted trades, 4 are puts, for a total amount of $148,920 and 6, calls, for a total amount of $250,160.
What's The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $140.0 to $155.0 for Dollar Tree over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
In terms of liquidity and interest, the mean open interest for Dollar Tree options trades today is 697.0 with a total volume of 21,475.00.
In the following chart, we are able to follow the development of volume and open interest of call and put options for Dollar Tree's big money trades within a strike price range of $140.0 to $155.0 over the last 30 days.
Dollar Tree Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is Dollar Tree Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 3,789,089, the price of DLTR is up 1.97% at $148.14.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock is currently neutral between overbought and oversold.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 0 days.
What The Experts Say On Dollar Tree:
- Piper Sandler has decided to maintain their Overweight rating on Dollar Tree, which currently sits at a price target of $173.
- Barclays downgraded its action to Equal-Weight with a price target of $145
- Telsey Advisory Group has decided to maintain their Outperform rating on Dollar Tree, which currently sits at a price target of $165.
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for Dollar Tree, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.