A whale with a lot of money to spend has taken a noticeably bearish stance on NVIDIA.
Looking at options history for NVIDIA NVDA we detected 69 strange trades.
If we consider the specifics of each trade, it is accurate to state that 43% of the investors opened trades with bullish expectations and 56% with bearish.
From the overall spotted trades, 26 are puts, for a total amount of $1,672,179 and 43, calls, for a total amount of $2,956,821.
What's The Price Target?
Taking into account the Volume and Open Interest on these contracts, it appears that whales have been targeting a price range from $100.0 to $240.0 for NVIDIA over the last 3 months.
Volume & Open Interest Development
Looking at the volume and open interest is an insightful way to conduct due diligence on a stock.
This data can help you track the liquidity and interest for NVIDIA's options for a given strike price.
Below, we can observe the evolution of the volume and open interest of calls and puts, respectively, for all of NVIDIA's whale activity within a strike price range from $100.0 to $240.0 in the last 30 days.
NVIDIA Option Volume And Open Interest Over Last 30 Days
Biggest Options Spotted:
|Symbol||PUT/CALL||Trade Type||Sentiment||Exp. Date||Strike Price||Total Trade Price||Open Interest||Volume|
Where Is NVIDIA Standing Right Now?
- With a volume of 30,891,406, the price of NVDA is up 3.24% at $185.24.
- RSI indicators hint that the underlying stock may be approaching overbought.
- Next earnings are expected to be released in 12 days.
What The Experts Say On NVIDIA:
- Craig-Hallum downgraded its action to Hold with a price target of $180
- Mizuho has decided to maintain their Buy rating on NVIDIA, which currently sits at a price target of $250.
- Raymond James has decided to maintain their Strong Buy rating on NVIDIA, which currently sits at a price target of $240.
- Deutsche Bank has decided to maintain their Hold rating on NVIDIA, which currently sits at a price target of $175.
- Baird has decided to maintain their Neutral rating on NVIDIA, which currently sits at a price target of $150.
Options are a riskier asset compared to just trading the stock, but they have higher profit potential. Serious options traders manage this risk by educating themselves daily, scaling in and out of trades, following more than one indicator, and following the markets closely.
If you want to stay updated on the latest options trades for NVIDIA, Benzinga Pro gives you real-time options trades alerts.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.