Quote To Start The Day: “Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.”
Source: President George W. Bush
One Big Thing In Fintech: The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated acceptance of digital currencies like Bitcoin and the underlying blockchain technologies that power them. And while Bitcoin volatility continues — with the currency hitting its lowest point in months this week — investors are optimistic momentum will continue even as the world slowly starts to return to normal.
Other Key Fintech Developments:
- 0x_nodes launching liquidity mining.
- LeveL ATS expands VWAP offering.
- Finding the ROI with blockchain tech.
- Mollie raised another $800M round.
- Viva Republic lands $406M funding.
- Rising demand for trading systems.
- DTCC appoints new strategy head.
- HAWK:AI adds $10M for innovation.
- Tradeweb Nasdaq tech acquisition.
- MarketAxess expands its protocols.
- Cross River bought a lending fintech.
- Fiserv, NYDIG eyeing crypto access.
- Nexo kicked off Polkadot integration.
- NEM incubator eyes DLT innovation.
- FP Alpha brings AI to estate plans.
- Input1, EasySend are partnering up.
- Lower raises $100M Series A round.
- BTG, and others, acquire real estate.
- Zeller secured a new funding round.
- Paytm looking for $1.6B public offer.
- VanEck adding a bitcoin mutual fund.
- Stash added PayGrade acquisition.
- Oxygen debuts new loyalty program.
- Atom Finance raises $28M in funds.
- CleanSpark honing its crypto mining.
Watch Out For This: The cost of living in dense technology hubs like San Francisco, among others, outpaced Detroit, nearly 88%. That according to EntryPoint’s 2021 Detroit Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Report.
In unpacking why Detroit is an attractive location for entrepreneurs to locate, live and launch their companies, Benzinga spoke with Jared Stasik of Detroit Venture Partners (DVP).
- Inner Game featuring Steven Cohen.
- Tesla’s solar roof rollout ends in bust.
- Top 5 trends to watch in the recovery.
- Tax-hike to provide ton of opportunity.
- Fannie, Freddie plunge on SCOTUS.
- Quantum data link launched in China.
- Fitch: Loan default rate forecast falls.
Market Moving Headline: Beijing is taking advantage of a strengthening economy and stable financial markets to toughen up its corporate sector. The result is a repricing of risk that should discourage the kind of reckless debt-fueled expansion that inflated some companies to a dangerous size. The spawning of such bloated empires created a threat to the financial system as well as a challenge to President Xi Jinping’s grip on power.
© 2022 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Ad Disclosure: The rate information is obtained by Bankrate from the listed institutions. Bankrate cannot guaranty the accuracy or availability of any rates shown above. Institutions may have different rates on their own websites than those posted on Bankrate.com. The listings that appear on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where, and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products.
All rates are subject to change without notice and may vary depending on location. These quotes are from banks, thrifts, and credit unions, some of whom have paid for a link to their own Web site where you can find additional information. Those with a paid link are our Advertisers. Those without a paid link are listings we obtain to improve the consumer shopping experience and are not Advertisers. To receive the Bankrate.com rate from an Advertiser, please identify yourself as a Bankrate customer. Bank and thrift deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. Credit union deposits are insured by the National Credit Union Administration.
Consumer Satisfaction: Bankrate attempts to verify the accuracy and availability of its Advertisers' terms through its quality assurance process and requires Advertisers to agree to our Terms and Conditions and to adhere to our Quality Control Program. If you believe that you have received an inaccurate quote or are otherwise not satisfied with the services provided to you by the institution you choose, please click here.
Rate collection and criteria: Click here for more information on rate collection and criteria.