Item 9 Labs Corp. Receives Recognition As One Of Best Cannabis Company To Work For

Item 9 Labs Corp. INLB, a vertically integrated U.S. cannabis franchisor and operator that produces premium, award-winning products, ranked No. 3 on the 2023 “Best Cannabis Companies to Work For” list in the dispensary category by leading industry publication and cannabis conference producer, Cannabis Business Times.

Cannabis Business Times developed the awards in partnership with the Best Companies Group (BCG), a global research organization that conducts employee survey engagement and satisfaction surveys. “This award (…) identifies and recognizes the best employers in cannabis cultivation and dispensary markets, honoring cannabis companies that excel in creating quality workplaces for employees,” per a press release.

 “For the past four years, Cannabis Business Times has published ‘The Best Cannabis Companies to Work For – Cultivation and Dispensary’ rankings and features, which recognize businesses that have created environments where employees feel valued, are celebrated for work well done and have opportunities to grow," said Michelle Simakis, editor-in-chief of Cannabis Business Times.

The "Best Cannabis Companies to Work For" awards are based on a comprehensive evaluation of each participating company's workplace policies, practices, and demographics, accounting for 25% of the evaluation. The remaining 75% is represented by the responses of the company's employees who were surveyed anonymously in order to assess their experiences and attitudes in the workplace.

Item 9 Labs Corp., More Than A Workplace

Based in Arizona and with the goal of inspiring confidence in the benefits of cannabis for all, the company is powered by a talented team of professionals at Unity Rd. and the Item 9 Labs brands. To date, it has received close to 50 awards for its achievements in franchising, cannabis, and thought leadership.

Mike Weinberger, CEO of Item 9 Labs Corp. said: “It is extremely gratifying when a light is shone on the healthy company culture you have built together with your team from the ground up, one based on transparency and trust (...) We have created a team, full of good and passionate people, who not only have the skillsets but a true moral compass and live by a code of ethics.”

Among the key benefits of Item Labs, Cannabis Business Time mentioned: “Health benefits available to employees 60 days after hire, with the employer paying 100% of medical coverage for employees and partial for dependents, as well as 100% of life insurance coverage and short-term disability coverage for employees; seven paid holidays per year; unlimited PTO; employee stock ownership plan (ESOP).”

2023 Best Cannabis Companies to Work For include; Dispensary: Kush House, Velvet Cannabis, Item 9 Labs Corp., Dragonfly Wellness, The Fire Station, Kansas City Cannabis, The ReLeaf Center and The Grove.

Benzinga's Cannabis Capital Conference Is Back

The most successful cannabis business event in the world, the Benzinga Cannabis Capital Conference, returns to Miami for its 16th edition. This is the place where DEALS GET DONE, where money is raised, M&A starts, and companies meet investors and key partners. Join us at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach Hotel in Florida on April 11-12. Don’t miss out. Secure your tickets now. Prices will go up soon.

Photo: Courtesy of Rick Proctor On Unsplash

Posted In: CannabisNewsPenny StocksMarketsBest Cannabis Companies to Work ForCannabis Business TimesItem 9 Labs Corp.Michelle SimakisMike Weinbergerpremium


The Benzinga Cannabis Awards are coming back to the September 27-28, 2023 Cannabis Capital Conference to celebrate the NEWCREATIVE, INNOVATIVE, and OUTSTANDING companies of the cannabis industry.

  • Earn global recognition for your achievements.
  • Shine a spotlight on the people around you that deserve their moment.
  • Celebrate with the newest, hottest and most successful in the cannabis industry.

Nominate or apply NOW and help us celebrate the peoplesolutions, and companies leading the way in cannabis!

Join us on September 27-28, 2023 at Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile in Chicago, IL.