fbpx
QQQ
-3.32
329.08
-1.02%
DIA
-4.21
352.03
-1.21%
SPY
-4.68
422.78
-1.12%
TLT
-0.56
138.38
-0.41%
GLD
-0.59
172.73
-0.34%

'Unmatched Cannabis Experience': Canopy Growth Partners With Drake To Launch More Life Growth Company

November 7, 2019 8:00 am
Share to Linkedin Share to Twitter Share to Facebook Share to Print License More
'Unmatched Cannabis Experience': Canopy Growth Partners With Drake To Launch More Life Growth Company

Canopy Growth Corporation (TSX:WEED) (NYSE:CGC) announced Thursday it has partnered with a Canadian rapper and singer Drake for the purpose of launching a new cannabis company More Life Growth Company.

The new company will be located in Drake’s hometown of Toronto, and it will produce cannabis focusing on wellness and personal growth.

As part of the deal, Canopy Growth has issued shares to certain entities that are controlled by Drake, upon which Drake has obtained a 60% ownership of More Life Growth Company, while the remaining 40% retained Canopy Growth.

See Also: Analyst: Canopy Growth Looks Greener Than It Did 6 Weeks Ago

“When we first began talks with Drake we were extremely inspired by and aligned with his vision to bring best-in-class cannabis products to the world,” Canopy CEO Mark Zekulin said in a statement. “Drake’s perspective as a culture leader and entrepreneur combined with Canopy Growth’s breadth of cannabis knowledge will allow our new company to bring an unmatched cannabis experience to global markets.”

Drake has previous professional experience in brand launching and the company thinks he will bring innovative spirit to the industry.

“The opportunity to partner with a world-class company like Canopy Growth on a global scale is really exciting,” Drake said. “The idea of being able to build something special in an industry that is ever growing has been inspiring. More Life and More Blessing.”

Canopy Growth’s shares traded 3.35% higher at $20.07 in Thursday's pre-market session.

Photo courtesy of The Come Up Show/Wikimedia.


Related Articles

The Week In Cannabis: 4/20, SAFE Banking Act, The NFL, Verano And Much More

In the week of 4/20, the unofficial day of cannabis and top sales day for the industry, major stocks posted mixed performances. read more

If You Invested $1,000 In Canopy Growth Stock One Year Ago, Here's How Much You'd Have Now

Investors who have owned stocks in the last year have generally experienced some big gains. In fact, the SPDR S&P 500 (NYSE: SPY) total return over the last 12 months is 52.1%. But there is no question some big-name stocks performed better than others along the way. read more

The Bull And Bear Case For Canopy Growth's Stock

Canopy Growth Corporation's (NASDAQ: CGC) stock is down 45% from its 30-month high of $56.50 made on Feb. 10. Before Feb. 10 the stock had not traded above $53 since October of 2018 when Canada made the move to legalize and regulate the consumption and sale of recreational cannabis. read more

The Week In Cannabis: New York, New Mexico, YouTube, KushCo, Greenlane And More

A shortened week came with no shortage of news. In New York, Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed recreational marijuana into law on Wednesday, making the Empire State the 15th in the U.S. to legalize cannabis. read more