fbpx
QQQ
+ 0.02
290.36
+ 0.01%
DIA
+ 2.31
290.21
+ 0.79%
SPY
+ 1.62
353.73
+ 0.46%
TLT
-1.14
162.65
-0.7%
GLD
-3.44
179.19
-1.96%

Nabis Holdings Acquires 49% Stake In Israel-Based Cannova Medical

June 3, 2019 3:39 pm
Share to Linkedin Share to Twitter Share to Facebook Share to Print License More

Canadian cannabis investment company Nabis Holdings (OTC:INNPF) will acquire 49 percent of Israel-based Cannova Medical, with the option to buy the rest of the company.

Nabis will buy 2.26 million shares of Cannova, or 49 percent, for $1 million in cash and will issue 5.91 million shares. The investment company also has the option to buy the remaining 51 percent for a nominal cash payment and 7.39 million shares that will be held in escrow and released subject to achieving of certain milestones.

Need more cannabis news? Check out all of our coverage here.

Why This Is Important

Cannova is focused on developing cannabis delivery technology. Its main product is a sublingual strip that is infused with cannabinoids and other natural active ingredients for better dosage control and a variety of effects.

The acquisition of a 49-percent stake gives Nabis Holdings the exclusive distribution rights for Cannova's sublingual strips in North America.

"Cannova's patent protected solution allows the user to get a customized, personal combination of THC, CBD, and other active ingredients that meet their personal, unique requirements in real time, and thus changing the way Cannabis is consumed," said Nabis CEO Shay Shnet.

"Their cutting-edge platform designed for home use looks similar to a countertop espresso/coffee machine, however, it possesses next generation ability to combine various active ingredients. With the acquisition of Cannova's unique technology, we will be well positioned to capitalize on the growth in popularity of consumable cannabis."

Related Links:

Canaccord: Tilt Holdings' Massachusetts Rollout Slower Than Expected

New Age Buys Brands Within Reach In 'Incredible' Deal

Posted-In:

Cannabis M&A News Markets

Related Articles

Cannabis Equity Raises Get Hot After Elections

The Viridian Cannabis Deal Tracker is an information service that monitors capital raise and M&A activity in the legal cannabis industry. Each week the Tracker analyzes/aggregates all closed deals and allocates each transaction to one of twelve key industry sectors in which the deal occurred (from Cultivation to Brands), the region in which the deal occurred (country or U.S. read more

Curaleaf Releases Record Quarterly Earnings, Names New CEO

Curaleaf Holdings Inc. (CSE: CURA) (OTCQX: CURLF) has appointed Joseph Bayern CEO. read more

Viridian Chart Of The Week: A Changing Of The Guard, Cannabis M&A Moves East

Gateway Proven Strategies To Acquire Cannabis Security Expert

Cannabis consulting firm Gateway Proven Strategies announced Monday the purchase of Cannabis Security Expert, a consulting company headquartered in Colorado. read more

Cannabis Stock Gainers And Losers From November 20, 2020

Gainers: Icanic Brands (OTC: ICNAF) shares closed up 13.42% at $0.39 read more