- GMS Inc GMS has completed the acquisitions of Engler, Meier & Justus Inc (EMJ) in Chicago and Blair Building Materials Inc (Blair) in Ontario, Canada. The financial terms of the deals were not disclosed.
- Founded in 1962, EMJ distributes drywall, acoustical ceilings, and related interior construction products to the greater Chicago market and EIFS-related products in the Southeastern U.S.
- Founded in 1950, Blair provides exteriors, insulation, and waterproofing products to customers in the Greater Toronto Area.
- "With EMJ, we are expanding our presence in the Chicago market to enhance our service levels and extend our reach in that metropolitan area, while the addition of Blair enables us to further scale our Complementary Product offerings in the Greater Toronto Area," said John C. Turner, Jr., President and CEO of GMS.
- GMS also announced the recent openings of a new greenfield yard in Ontario and two new AMES store locations.
- Price Action: GMS shares closed lower by 0.55% at $57.57 on Monday.
© 2023 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.